Monday, December 5, 2011

the rest of Thanksgiving weekend.

I love Thanksgiving weekend every year. It’s a great 4 days to spend with family and enjoy the holiday season.

I swore I wouldn’t give in to the Black Friday mess starting Thursday night.   But, I did.  And only because it involved my two sisters, a trampoline & 2 TV’s.  We somehow had a relatively decent experience at Walmart and somehow we got everything on our Walmart black friday list.  I crawled in to bed at 3am that morning but it was another Black Friday adventure.

sam with tv (1 of 1)

The rest of the weekend was spent getting the house decorated for Christmas, playing at the park, dinner with friends, painting some cabinets, seeing the Muppets with my family [or if you’re Nate, we saw the Muffets], eating some Café Rio, visiting Santa, etc.  It was wonderful.

kiddos at muppets (1 of 1)

nate.abbie eating popcorn (1 of 1)

at the park (1 of 1)

Speaking of Santa, we started this tradition a few years ago and it was another great year!  We go to the Bass Pro shop on the Saturday right after Thanksgiving to sit on Santa’s lap and play in their Christmas area.  We get there bright and early so we’re pretty much the only people there and the kids get free reign on everything!

Nate loved seeing Santa and made sure to let him know the 3 things on his list: Batman Helicoptor,  Joker’s Funny Car & the Penguin’s submarine.  He’s slightly obsessed with Batman. :)

Ryan?  Loved him and was saying hi until he ended up on his lap.

boys with santa (1 of 1)

boys walking through BassPro (1 of 1)

guns (1 of 1)

racing cars (1 of 1)

ryan with the choo choo (1 of 1)

slingshot (1 of 1)

I love the holidays.

3 comments:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

I love the holidays too! Your two boys are getting so big, they're so handsome! Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!

Ali said...

Who got the other TV? Did you waver from earlier in the day and your "Unless the TV dies, I don't need a TV" and buy one too? Somehow between loading up and heading home another TV got added to the cart.....

Doreen Griffeth said...

You are quite the shopper! I always enjoyed going with you girls!
Thanks for the pics!
Love,
MOM G