Saturday, December 31, 2011

“the great flo”

Florence-Christensen-wife-of-the-late-Willam

My cute grandma – Grandma Florence - passed away on Thursday, December 29th at the age of 94.  She was such a classy, elegant, musically-talented, kind, courageous and wonderful lady and we will sure miss her.

More to come after her funeral this week in Salt Lake City.

“The Great Flo” title came from my Uncle Bill.  He keeps referring to my grandma as “the great Flo” . . . which is perfectly fitting.  She was one great lady.

And from the mouth of Sam . . . “Grandma is a headliner.”  You can read more about this wonderful grandma of mine in the Salt Lake Tribune & Deseret News.  She was loved by many in Salt Lake City.

Love you, Grandma.  Glad you’re in a happier place now with lots of people who have been waiting to see you for a long time.

3 comments:

Alyssa Griffeth said...

I didn't know that she passed away! So sad, but she is definitely in a happier place!

The Skeehan Family said...

Lindz, I am so sorry to read this - I know how much your grandmother means to you. What a great great lady she was. And now everyone in heaven gets to have her. Love you so.

Doreen Griffeth said...

What a wonderful and beautiful lady. I am so glad that we got to enjoy her sweet spirit.
Love,
MOM G