Friday, December 16, 2011

three hours worth recording.

It’s no secret that Ryan can be a handful.  His never-stop-moving goofy personality keeps us on our toes.

Wes always tells me that when it’s just Wes and Ryan at home – Ryan is great.  He’s much calmer and easy going.

Since it’s rarely just Ryan and I at home – I decided to try it on Thursday morning while Nate was at school and Ali was scheduled to pick him up for a play date at her house after school.

It was FABULOUS!  Holy smokes, we had fun.  Ryan was so good.  With all of the holiday hustle and bustle my downstairs looked like a tornado came through and we got the entire thing cleaned up and it was fun!  Every once in a while he’d pat the floor for me to come sit down and play . . . which I would do . . . and then he’d go right back to either playing cars by himself or being my helper.

Oh, it was like a breath of fresh air.  It was fabulous to have 3 straight hours of smiles with my little man.

2 comments:

The Skeehan Family said...

seriously - I blame it on the first born!! :)

Glad you both had such a lovely morning.

Doreen Griffeth said...

Just mixing it up can make a difference! Love it!
MOM G