Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Nate at the dentist.

I have to give my Naters some credit today.  He was AWESOME.

We made our first trip to the dentist this afternoon.   Nate’s been really scared and hesitant [he’s very uneasy about the unknown] but he was my little rockstar.

There was miscommunication on the appointments . . . come to find out I was having my initial exam with the new dentist [xrays, etc.] at the same time Nate was getting his teeth cleaned and checked. 

This whole time I’ve been reassuring Nate that I’d be right next to him.

SO . . . we’re walking down the hall and the girl says . . . “Lindsay, you’re in here.  Nate you’re in there.”  I looked at her like she had lost all of her marbles.  She obviously didn’t know that Nate is in a “mom phase” and there was no way that was going to fly.

I went with it and told Nate I’d be sitting in this chair and he’d be in the room next door.

That’s when a darling dentist assistant came and charmed him right in to watching Monsters Inc while she looked at his teeth.  He didn’t even hesitate and went right with her & sat in the chair like he’d done it a thousand times.  There wasn’t the scared look back at mom like I’m so used to seeing.

2011-02-15_13-25-58_110[1]

Hooray for a cute girl who eased his fears instantly. I could hear her asking him questions . . . telling him to swish the water around . . . etc.  It was pretty funny to hear his reactions.

And then Dr. Sean came in, finished up the exam, and we were out the door.  Nate not only wasn’t scared but he loved going to the dentist.  [I should throw in a disclaimer that Dr. Sean lives two doors down from me and Nate absolutely loves his son, Travis.  But still.  He was my superstar.]

Nate got a toy out of the bin and a sticker and off we went to pick up Ryan from Aunt Ali’s.

And then I got a cute, quiet knock at the door at 8:30pm tonight.  It was Travis with the toothbrush pack that Nate left in his chair.  It pays to have the dentist next door!

5 comments:

Alisha said...

It definitely helps to have a good dentist...we are lucky enough to live within 3 hours of 2 really good ones.

Julie T. said...

Yeah for Nate!! Who do you guys go to? Is it Sean Gubler?

Amander said...

What a little champ! Hopefully he continues his love of the dentist as he grows up :)

mrs. timberlake said...

so cute!
i love it when the little lambs exceed our expectations :)

Doreen Griffeth said...

So cute! Keep those smiles going!
Love,
MOM G