Tuesday, February 22, 2011

luckily, it’s just a phase.

I have a love / hate relationship with the stage of a ONE year old.  This little boy of mine is killing me.

We’ve got this Ryan:

ryan happy 2 (1 of 1) 

He lights up your day and just makes you smile with his laugh and cuddles.

And then we’ve got this one:

ryan mad (1 of 1)

Unfortunately this one has been coming out more than the other Ryan. 

. He was such a content little dude at the beginning of his short life and now he’s making up for it.

. He used to love ANY food.  Now he’s picky and would prefer to smash it in his fingers and throw it on the floor.  Look at how gross his jacket is in this picture.  He goes straight to the tub after every dinner.

. He wants to be held a lot which means he’s either in my arms or whining at my feet.

. He hates to be told no which sends him in to quite a tantrum.

. I’m pretty sure he’s getting molars so that could explain a lot of all of the above.  Or the fact that he has a runny nose, again.

. He finds pure joy in being destructive.  And lately, if he’s happy, he ends up making quite a mess because well, at least he’s happy.

. He’s a little crazy – he is daring and has started attempting to climb on to anything and everything which means that when he’s awake he is always in my sight.

. He isn’t really happy at home.  He likes to be outside or crawling around somewhere else.

 

Don’t get me wrong – I love this kid.  But he’s killing me.

Luckily, this go around – I know it’s just a phase so I’m trying to just enjoy the good and the not-so-good!

2 comments:

Laurel said...

i know just what you mean! Luckily, JR is still on the good side of things most of the time...but I can see the little pill inside of him peeking just around the corner. And can the runny noses PUH-LEASE stop!!! Honestly!

The Skeehan Family said...

I'm cutting and pasting this in mine.
I'm not kidding you.

Seriously. I'm going to.

Minus the picture.

Oh but I'm sure I could take my own that would probably, oh wait, most definitely mirror yours.