Thursday, February 17, 2011

brain dump.

Random thoughts – here we go:

. I’m finally ready to commit to things in my house, decor wise.  We’ve officially been in our house for ONE entire year.  That’s craziness.  Recently, Wes painted a our family room blue.  [Have I mentioned my current LOVE for the color blue?]  Sam hung my collage wall above my couch.  Our new kitchen table is assembled and in use [now I need four cheap kitchen chairs that I can paint.  keep an eye out for me].  And I finally have curtains thanks to West Elm.

. Speaking of home decor – I am IN LOVE with West Elm at the moment.  I usually can find a thing or two in there that I like – but I could literally buy soooo many things in there right now.  I need to win the lottery to make it happen.

 west elm trays west elm shower curtain west elm vases

. I am also very glad I found these for Ryan.  It’s baby food in this pouch thing and instead of putting it in to a bowl, Ryan just slurps it up like there’s a straw in there – but there’s not.  He loves it and it appears as if they are pretty nutritious.  He won’t eat baby food from a spoon and we’re in that tricky “baby food to real food” transition so feeding him one of these once a day is fabulous.

happy baby

. Can you tell these family room walls apart?  One is mine and one is Sam’s.  We both now have blue family rooms with a collage wall above our very similar couches and the same West Elm curtains.  Other than me suggesting the color of paint & buying my couch 5 years ago – I pretty much copied her on it all.  Luckily, she doesn’t care.

my collage wall (1 of 1) 

sam collage wall (1 of 1) 

. I am in PRINT heaven . . . meaning, prints for my house.  I keep finding more and more that I want!  Most are on etsy and my new found love is a Vintage Poster.  I gave a number of Christmas gifts from there and have created quite a wish list for my house!  Thanks Les for letting me in on that secret.

. Life is a little crazy around here.  But I’m slowly learning that life as a working-stay-at-home-mom with two kids [one being a crazy one year old], a traveling husband & a busy church calling is just gonna be a little crazy.  I’m learning how to balance it all. 

. The technology out there these days is just amazing.  Wes came home with an Apple TV a few days ago and got it all hooked up last night.  I must say that it’s pretty amazing and we don’t even have very many movies loaded yet!

. Ryan turns ONE tomorrow.  I can’t believe it.

That’s all I’ve got.

7 comments:

laurel said...

Haha that could be my living room too! Blue wall, picture collage above my brown couch. :)

Alisha said...

Still waiting to hire you to come decorate my house...in your spare time!

Julie T. said...

I love your wall (and Sam's too)! There is nothing better than a photo wall...

Andrus Family said...

3 Things:
- love the collage wall, well done.
- A Vintage Poster is my weakness as welll!
- I want want apple TV sooooo bad!!!

The Skeehan Family said...

ooooooh, I LOVE it. That collage is AWESOME! And you give me hope for attempting to get claire to go to the dentist... way to go naters!!!

Doreen Griffeth said...

I need you at my house!!!! One of these days. . .

Thanks for the update! Love seeing the pictures!
Love,
MOM G

Kelsey said...

I just bought curtrains from west elm, too! LOVE IT! show a picture of the ones you got!