Thursday, August 5, 2010

is it the intersection or the brand of vehicle that's just bad luck this month?

A few weeks ago Sam's Toyota Highlander just stopped working while she was driving through the Eastern & Serene intersection. Turns out she needed a new alternator.

Today me and the boys got stuck at the 7-eleven at the intersection of Eastern & Serene in our Toyota 4Runner. I stopped to get gas and then my car wouldn't start again. So out-of-the-car we went in to 100+ weather to wait for someone to rescue us.

That someone was Sam. She was my hero today. Luckily she was available because my dad was in a meeting. Wes was 40 minutes away. And Tripp, Ali & my mom are out of town.

At first we thought it was the alternator because my car was doing the exact same thing Sam's car was doing a few weeks ago. But then I decided it could be the battery even though everything else was turning on so we opted to jump the car before we had it towed. And it worked. Hallelujah.

Now to make this story complete - you must envision two Marz girls doing all of this with two little kids in really hot weather. Sam and I have never jumped a car without someone there who actually knew what they were doing but with Wes on the phone we figured it out. The entire time I was waiting for a nice man to show up to get gas in his car and come rescue us - but alas, that never happened.

So an hour and a half after I got to the gas station - I headed home.

Thanks Sam for your help today. You really were our hero.

2 comments:

Sammy said...

No problem. Too bad someone didn't get me jumping your car on videotape. I was sure I was going to shock myself. Glad I was able to help out.

Amander said...

Gotta love that Sam.