Thursday, August 26, 2010

and nate said . .

I've got to start recording more of my little conversations with Nate. Here's a recent one:

While playing on the floor with Ryan in Ryan's room . . . Nate started looking through the closet and found all kinds of baby stuff that we don't use anymore.


Nate: "mom, lets throw this baby junk away." [he uses the word junk alot].

Mom: "but what if we had another baby someday? [doubtful, but I wanted to see his reaction]. We may need it again. Do you want another baby?

Nate: "sure, mom."

Mom: "would you want it to be a boy or a girl?"

Nate: "i want another ryan. I already have a girl."

Mom - a little confused: "buuttt, Ryan's a boy."

Nate - with a smile: "mom. You my girl."

8 comments:

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

Pretty much the cutest convo ever. So sweet and clever!

Julie T. said...

Honestly, that made me cry a little bit! Such a sweet thing to say. LOVE IT!

Sammy said...

dang i was hoping he would say that aunt sam was his girl

Alisha said...

seriously so cute!

leigh and spencer said...

Love it!

The Skeehan Family said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........................

you are his girl.

heart.

melting.

Laurel said...

i'm so glad you're documenting stuff like this- it is priceless and all too easily forgotten. comments like this one make all the work worth it, right?!

Kiley said...

So cute! I loved the one when we were at old navy and he wanted sunglasses and started to cry when you said no. Then he said"but mom they are on sale" still makes me laugh!