Monday, September 10, 2007

a "youth vampire" book

I'm sure many of you have heard of Twilight by Stephenie Meyer ~ that was the book we read for our book club last month. If I hadn't received many great recommendations on the book, I probably never would have read it since I am not interested at all in vampires. However, everyone loved the book and everyone either already read the two sequels to Twilight or they have them on order. Even though it technically is a "youth vampire book" ~ don't let that deter you from reading it. It was great! The author graduated from BYU and her story and a little about how the novel came about are on her website. Pretty interesting!

Our book club meeting location was also my favorite. We met at Ethels, a chocolate lounge at The District. We had great fondue while we discussed the book! It was a nice evening out for me and we had a great discussion about the book. I will definitely be back for more fondue! Yum!

4 comments:

laurel said...

So glad you read and liked Twilight! I am reading Eclipse right now.

Alisha said...

I have a friend that has been trying to get me to read those books...now I might just have to do it after your recommendation! I'm always up for a good read!

Tina said...

Sounds like a great time. Our book club only meets in someone's home. I might have to suggest something else every once in a while. Emma loved these books. Shauna and I took Emma and Gemilee to Arizona for the Eclipse Ball. It was great fun.

Anya said...

I freakin loved Ethel's too! We gotta go back with the boys. You know...all FIVE of them...well maybe just the 2....wait a minute, maybe with NONE of them!! :)