Thursday, September 6, 2007

One Month Old

Nate is one month old today. I can't believe it has already been that long since we brought him home.....yet I can't remember what life was like without him.

My sisters gave me these cards that I thought were fun to track how old Nate is. Every month you use the next card! It will be fun to watch him grow month to month.

Here are a few things that we've learned about our little man in the first month:

1). He is a wiggle worm. He recently started pushing off anything and everything his feet touch which makes feeding and putting him to sleep fun. He is long enough to push off the chairs and he loves doing it.

2). He loves light...especially sunlight coming through a window. Whenever the sun shines through in to the house, he just sits and stares.

3). He loves being outside, which is a bummer right now because it's still over 100 degrees so it's unbearable during the day. But at night, we try to take him out there for a little while because he loves it so much. He instantly calms down when we go outside.

4). He loves his baths. He got his first "real" bath last night since his circumcision is finally close to being healed. He had a great time in the water which I was grateful for since I LOVE water.

5). He loves it when his diaper is off. He pees almost every time. It's also his favorite time to poop and he somehow shoots it 3 feet to cover the wall. Yuck.

6). While he does OK at night, sleeping during the day is something he's not a fan of. Unless he falls in to a dead sleep while eating, it takes a long time to get him to sleep regardless of how tired he is. If he gets enough sleep, he is a really happy boy. If he's tired, watch out because he's GRUMPY. Geeze, that sounds a lot like his mom. :)

He reminds us daily that he runs the show in the Griffeth household. We're enjoying figuring him out and we love having him in our family. We look forward to what the next month will bring!

16 comments:

Megan said...

Too Cute!! I love the card idea! He reminds me alot of you when you were a baby. I really really really wish I could be there to hold him and help you a bit! Maybe just hold him.....JUST KIDDING!!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Having someone hold him is my favorite form of help! :)

Trisha said...

The cards are such a great idea! I wish I would have known about that. He's really such a doll and in every picture I think he looks just like you. Those days of shooting poop and peeing all over go by fast...very unpleasant though. It's a good thing they're so cute!

Alisha said...

Love the picture! I can't believe that it has already been one month. We can't wait to see you all!

Doreen Griffeth said...

Boy, what a great picture! He really looks like Lindsay!!! So cute! We look forward to seeing him this next week!
Love,
MOM

Ali said...

Trisha- Just let me know next time you have a baby and I'll hook you up with some cards.

Linds- So glad that sleeping at night is better. Bummer about the daytime but at least he is actually resting at night so that you can too. I've offered many times and I'll offer again, you are always welcome to drop him off here or I'll put Abbie down at your house and hold him for a few hours during the day so you can run errands/take a nap. We are always happy to see baby Nate. Can't wait to get him to Disneyland and put him in a Peter Pan costume!

Lillie said...

He's so cute! And I thought for sure you had made that card yourself (1 month.) I would not have been surprised one bit.

mrs. timberlake said...

Enough about the card (although I am instantly way jealous that idea skipped me)... I LOVE THE POLKA DOT SOCKS!!!!!!! Don't tell Mimi about the cards... no fair if she does it... and she never blogs anyways, so she'll never know... our secret! ;)
love ya mims... in case you do read this.

Tina said...

Can't believe he is already one month old. He is so cute. The card Idea is so cute. Jen and her friends buy a stuffed animal not huge but about how big they will be at one. They take the babies picture next to it once a month to show how much they have grown. Having the card along with it would make it even better. Holding babies is my favorite thing to do I wish I was closer to help but I'll bet Barbara likes to do that as well. Wish I could make it down for the blessing but gas prices prohibit much traveling for us. Hope the day is a great one.

Unknown said...

I just got the baby announcement. It is adorable!! Your blog is great and Nate is a doll. Love ya.

Bella Beginnings said...

great idea with the cards. I wish I would have used them for my babies. Oh well, maybe the next one! The baby announcement is so cute! Of course leave it to you.

510Jen said...

Wow one month you made it and sounds like things are going great! I love the card idea.

Anya said...

Shooting poop- HaHa, he has a sense of humor already!

Alyssa Griffeth said...

I love the cards! I think I might have to copy you if you don't mind! :-) Where did Ali get them? I guess I could always make my own too though. Let me know.

Glad to hear that everything is going well!!!

Ali said...

For everyone wanting to know about the baby month cards, my friend Angie owns a stationary company and she supplies me with them. You can visit her website at blonde-designs.com. They aren't on the site (I don't believe) but just contact her through the site and tell her you are looking for the baby month cards that Ali Thompson gives out and she will know what you are looking for. She is out of town most of this month but will probably be checking the mail off and on.

Julie T. said...

Lindsay you are so creative!! You come up with the cutest ideas! We were sad that we missed Nate's blessing. Riley and I can't wait to hang out with you and Nate again!