Thursday, September 20, 2007

Road trip to the mountains


Nate went on his first road trip this week. Wes was out of town for work and when I heard my mom was going to Cedar City this week....I let her know that Nate and I would join her if she was up for the adventure! She was thrilled to have us come.

The reason for our trip is because my parents are building a cabin in Duck Creek, just outside of Cedar City. They very recently spent a weekend up there with our dear friends, the Earls, and fell in love with the place. Within three weeks they had been back 3 times and found a lot they liked, a general contractor, and the foundation will be poured next week. This is VERY normal for my parents to do something so quickly! We're excited to have somewhere within a few hours away to escape the heat and enjoy our family's company. We met with the general contractor & then enjoyed the mountains. We can't wait to be mountain neighbors with the Earls!

I was a little concerned about how Nate would behave on our little journey. He sometimes sleeps in the car & has never slept anywhere but his crib so there were lots of uncertainties going on here but I figured we'd have to try it out sometime and if it's not going to be with Wes it might as well be with my mom! He was WONDERFUL! Or, as my mom would say, "he's a prince!" He slept 90% of the time in the car, did fine in the pack-n-play at night & loved being outside. It was fun to bundle him up ~ he looked so cute! We lucked out because we stayed at The Big Yellow Inn, a great bed and breakfast and we were the only ones in this part of the house so I was able to put Nate in the bedroom next to ours so we didn't have to hear all of his crazy noises that he makes at night. I think he could win "loudest sleeper" award for newborns.

It was great to have a change in routine and to be able to spend a few days with my mom. It's so great to see her with Nate ~ she just loves him to pieces and is such a great help when I'm with her. We missed Wes a lot and it was great to see him tonight.



HERE IS A PICTURE OF OUR LOT....


9 comments:

Doreen Griffeth said...

Yeah for Nate! I am so glad that it went well! He looks so CUTE bundled up! Thanks for sharing!
Love,
MOM G

Alisha said...

Too cute...how do you stand it! I'm glad that Nate is a good little traveller so far...make sure you make travelling a habit so that he gets used to it! I don't think you all will have a problem with that...you all are always on the go. I can't wait to pull out the fall clothes...won't be long!

Alyssa Griffeth said...

He looks adorable! I love that cable-knit sweater!!! I wish Olivia were as good of a traveller...We stayed at a hotel for a few nights last week, and she hated every minute of it! Maybe she can take a few tips from Nate!

Sammy said...

Its a good think I got him that sweater

familyof4 said...

Way too cute! You look great also! Glad Nate was a wonderful traveler for you, that makes trips A lot easier =0) Chris's family has a cabin right past Duck Creek up at Strawberry Point and we go up when we can. You're going to LOVE it up there!

Trisha said...

How fun! He does look super cute all bundled up.

mrs. timberlake said...

Okay. First you had to outdo everyone by getting out to Target within days of delivery. Now you have to go and be a show off again by taking a trip to the mountains. Green with envy once again. I think my favorite picture is the one with you and Nate in the Baby Bjorn. As always, you look great and Nate is scrumptious. That sounded better in my head, but you know what I mean.

Anya said...

Hooray for Duck Creek- can't wait to do mountain trips- it is so great up there. FYI- Taralee said she emailed you a few times and you haven't invited her to the blog- help her!
Pack&plays are the bomb.

Lillie said...

Oh these pictures! I just want to eat him up! But I won't. He's so so cute Linds. Good for you to venture a road trip. So glad it was a positive experience. The bad ones can really sour you for a while. He sounds like he's doing so well!