Thursday, April 25, 2013

Ryan @ 3 years old

IMG_5157

Ryan, Ryan, Ryan.  What a kid.  He is absolutely not lacking in personality.  He’s a man of extremes – he’s either really happy or really . . . not.  There’s no question which one is which.

He is a goofy kid – I love this about him.  He’s totally quirky and has his own thing going on all day.  He’s very aware of everything that goes on in a day – I can barely get anything past him. 

He talks really well as far as vocabulary and expressing himself.  However, he can’t say his R’s and a lot of words that start with S_.  We’ve been practicing with him but he gets pretty frustrated and will yell “me can’t say that!”

He wants to be big like Nate.  He really looks up to his big brother and wants to do everything Nate does.  They fight a lot but are also great buddies.  I love having two little boys.  He always says “when Nate goes to Kindergarten, me go to preschool.”  He can’t wait.

One of his favorite things to do is clean.  He always wants a wet rag, the mop, the vacuum.  One day this will come in handy!

He has a great, genuine belly laugh that makes me laugh-out-loud every time.

He LOVED his binkys.  He’d have one in his mouth and 4 in his hands.  We finally got rid of them just after his 3rd birthday and he’s doing much better than anticipated.  It helped that we went to the dentist (Dr. Sean) right around then and Sean told Ryan they had to go.  Ryan repeatedly says “Dr. Sean said no more binkys”.

He can be really mean to other little kids.  Luckily, I think he’s growing out of it but he was/is definitely the bully on the playground.   Some kids have learned to run away when he gets mad!  OR, he’s super nice to everyone.  Like I said, a boy of extremes.

This crazy boy of mine still stays in his crib.  He has decided he’s too big for naps although I haven’t completely given up hope.  We still try every day.  And he generally wakes up in the 5am hour.  It’s awful.  My pregnant self cannot start the day that early but he’s wide awake, happy & ready to play.  So I am a terrible mother and take him downstairs and tell him he has to watch 2 shows before he can come get me.  It works.  I need that extra hour.

I always wanted a “funny” kid and I definitely got one {or two}.  Ryan has a really spirited personality and I love this little man.

IMG_5235

IMG_5328

IMG_5607

2 comments:

J-Leav said...

I love Ryan! What a fun post. He is a as cute as they come...even though he has spanked me before :)Ha! Classic!

Lauren said...

Is it weird that I love your boys without even knowing them? They sound so fun! Wish my boys had them as their buddies. Maybe when you move to San Antonio...