Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Grandma & Grandpa G came to visit

griffeth boys with G&G (1 of 1)

We’ve been looking forward to Grandma & Grandpa G coming to visit from Georgia for a while!  We love it when they come.  They always help us with home projects so I was determined to have them enjoy themselves this time but my vision of a project-free visit could not have gone more array!

You see, we had a slab leak and it was being detected/fixed up until the day before they arrived.  Which meant we had 15 holes in our walls and our tile had been jackhammered.  On day #1 of their visit, Wes & Robert went to work repairing the holes in the walls and re-laying the tile and baseboard.  They were busy and they got it done in enough time for Arturo to come in and texture the walls and paint. While the boys were busy, Doreen and I took the boys to a new park where they were having a Bike Rally event.  After being there for 10 minutes, Nate looked miserable and said he felt so sick he wanted to go home.  He had a fever and basically stayed in bed the rest of the day. 

{Luckily we had a Sunday in there to relax and watch conference!}

On Monday, they were troopers again and hunted down the right baseboard with Ryan while Wes and I had to run to work.  Doreen was sneaky and also went to buy grout cleaner {we had discussed the day before how much I dread cleaning grout} and by the time I got home from work, she and Ryan had cleaned the entire kitchen area and were making their way in to the family room!  Ryan absolutely LOVED cleaning grout with grandma and asked for the bucket and scrubber the entire time they were here.  We finished up the entire downstairs while watching the NCAA Championship basketball game.  She is quite awesome.  She knew I would never let her clean my grout so she started when I wasn’t home!

IMG_5409

On Tuesday morning I sent both boys to their school/co-op and Doreen and I ran a few errands and shoe shopped at Macys.  We met Julia {Wes cousin} for lunch and then we went to the Children’s Museum.  Our boys were absolutely exhausted so we stayed home Tuesday night and cleaned up the house for our appraisal first thing Wednesday morning. {we are re-financing our house}.  We did manage to squeeze in a game night of Rook.  For the record: Doreen and I are the defending champs.

IMG_5420

Inspection went well on Wednesday so we headed to the park while Wes went to work.  We had a little picnic and let the kids play before I dropped them off at my moms house.  The idea was for Robert and Doreen to have a few hours of peace and quiet before I came back from a meeting to take them to the airport.  But they are so fabulous that they went to the store and got what they needed to make lasagna and made us dinner for that night and two pans for the freezer.   Like I said, they are quite wonderful.

nate playing bball with grandpa (1 of 1)

So, instead of going out and playing the whole time they pretty much helped us the entire time.  One of these times it will be pure fun!  It was great to see them and can’t wait to head their way in June!

No comments: