Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The day after our last day at Disney.

boys on putting green (1 of 1)

I can’t use my Disney passes on Saturdays but we decided to stay another day and go to the beach.  It only made perfect sense to stay at the Newport Marriott Coastal Villas!  It was a splurge, but really great.  We knew my mom would be rather exhausted after a 19 hour day and I knew if we stayed here I could leave the hotel room early in the morning and entertain my boys for hours.  Sam joined us and we played golf on the putting green, tetherball, basketball, ping pong, foosball and Sam took them for a short swim.  This hotel is a dream come true for kids!  It was nice to let them play outside for hours while my mom had a leisurely morning.  Ryan was up at 6am.

nate putting (1 of 1)

ping pong (1 of 1)

tetherball (1 of 1)

hot tub (1 of 1)

After it was time to check out of the hotel, we drove to Newport Beach and grabbed lunch at Gina’s Pizza before heading to the beach.  It was a rather chilly day with a mist of rain in the air but that didn’t matter at all to two little boys {or me}.  They played and played on the beach for hours.  Even when they were soaking wet and shivering, they weren’t ready to leave.  Sam & my mom were troopers sitting in their beach chairs shivering.  I enjoyed it.  It’s amazing to me how easy the beach is every time we go.  The boys played in the sand, played in the water & just had a blast.  I can’t wait to take them back!

boys on beach (1 of 1)

nate with bucket of shells (1 of 1)

sam freezing (1 of 1)

It was a great last day at Disney.  What a fun year we’ve had at the happiest place on earth.  Can’t wait to make it back . . . eventually!

I need to give a shout-out to Aunt Sam who was quite the trooper and helper on our one year adventure.  There’s NO way I could have done that without her.  It sure was fun.

No comments: