Sunday, November 7, 2010

life: october 2010

. I went to Art in the Park in Boulder City with my mom. It's a yearly tradition.

. Enjoyed conference weekend.

. Nevada Day is on October 31st - so Halloween is a holiday for Nevadans. We had a three day weekend with Wes at home and it was fabulous. We had such a productive & fun weekend. We got the house cleaned from top to bottom, we got our irrigation issues fixed in the yard [hopefully], one piece of Ikea furniture was assembled, the boxes and boxes of home decor stashed in my guest room were opened and put away in the guest room closet and I even got a little more of the house decorated, and many other small jobs were completed. I love productivity.

. My Aunt Leslie & cousin Ashlie came in to town Halloween weekend so we enjoyed dinner with them and my aunt Kara/Uncle Allan & great aunt/uncle Jerry & Halene and my parents. I went to my aunt Kara's after to visit with the girls for hours and hours.

. Enjoyed Halloween.

. Tried to figure out our bizarre weather. We had about a week of cooler temperatures but then it got warm again. Way too warm for October. We can still be found in shorts and a t-shirt.

. I enjoyed a girls weekend in Utah and Wes flew to Georgia for Chris' wedding.

. Nate continues to love school.

. We had our primary program! It was my first one that I've ever been involved in and it was such a great experience. I serve with amazing ladies in Primary and we have the BEST kids. The program turned out great. Nate is my little buddy when it comes to primary stuff so he came early with me that Sunday and found himself a seat on the stage - ready to be in the program! He was distraught when he had to sit down with dad & Ryan. Next year, bud.

. Speaking of primary, Nate and his nursery buddies started coming in to junior primary for singing time to start their transition in to primary. I love watching him in action - he is NOT SHY AT ALL [he's a replica of Wes in that department] and wants to be up at the front at all times. I love that I get to sit in the back and spy on him!

. Can you tell, I'm loving my calling in primary? I think being the primary secretary is by far the best calling EVER.

. we made dozens and dozens of pumpkin choc chip cookies.

. celebrated Wes 30th birthday.

. enjoyed story time at Town Square, lots of Halloween get-togethers and activities, playgroups, the library, etc.

8 comments:

laurel said...

Did I tell you I am primary sectretary now too? It is the best calling!!!

leigh and spencer said...

Hopefully Nate can sing a tune for us in Texas! I would love for Spence to hear him :)

Alisha said...

I never worry about you all getting bored! Nate will be a very cute Sunbeam come January!

Doreen Griffeth said...

So fun! I loved serving where my kids were, too! The best!
Love to hear about your October. Sounds like February isn't slowing down either!
Love,
MOM G

J-Leav said...

Amen to primary! As much as you love being there, I love having you there more!

mrs. timberlake said...

pictures of your productivity please!

Tina said...

Sounds like you are as busy as ever. I love primary also but I have to say teaching the sunbeams has been my favorite. I might like Activity Day with the older girls too but have never had that calling. Boy Ryan is sure getting big and he is adorable as well.

The Skeehan Family said...

great great recap... need to learn those quick bulleting skills. I just spent like 8 hours blogging today.

i have issues.