Thursday, August 27, 2009

{15.5} weeks along

I like recording pregnany details {I was much better with my Nate pregnancy - I'm trying to be better} so here we go . . .

At almost 16 weeks . . .
  • I'm feeling great.

  • A little tired sometimes but my energy levels are almost back to normal.

  • I heard the heartbeat again today. Always a reassuring thing.

  • I felt the baby move today for the first time. It actually woke me up this morning. He/she was moving like crazy! I didn't feel Nate until he was almost 21 weeks so it was a nice surprise. It probably helps that I know what it feels like this go-around.

  • My sense of smell is crazy. It makes me gag multiple times a day! The other day I was on a walk in the morning and someone in the neighborhood next to ours was cooking something that smelled absolutely foul. I started gagging and it wasn't long until I was barfing in the bushes. After 4-5 barfs, I plugged my nose and ran home.

  • I'm getting a lot bigger a lot faster with this pregnancy. Your body definitely remembers how to stretch and it's doing it a lot sooner this go around.

  • Nate talks about the baby every day. He kisses my tummy or anytime I eat something he says "baby eat."

We find out what we are having on September 24th! Fingers are crossed that this one cooperates a little better than Nate. It took 3 ultrasounds to find out with Nate because his legs were always completely crossed.

8 comments:

mrs. timberlake said...

very fun post. i can't believe you were barfing in the bushes.

that did make me laugh this morning. for that, i thank you!

Melissa Snyder said...

I am glad that all is going well with your pregnancy. That is really early to feel the baby move. You are lucky. It is always a reassuring thing to to feel them move and to hear a heartbeat.
Glad all is well. Are you hoping for a boy or girl?

Doreen Griffeth said...

Love the details! I can't believe the first trimester is already over! Love it!
Love,
MOM G

Street Fam said...

The smells are a killer when you're pregnant. Sorry you barfed in the bushes. Any feelings if baby is a boy or girl?

Laurel said...

I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling so good. I have to admit, both Ry and i laughed at your foul odor story. I could just picture it. Kinda like your reaction to China Town in SF! Anyway, can't wait to find out what you're having!

Trisha said...

I'm glad you're feeling great and that Nate is so into the baby. It's really cute. Thank you for the detailed story of those poor bushes in your neighborhood. I am officially grossed out.*

*This comes from someone who never experienced any vomiting with two pregnancies. Sorry.

Julie T. said...

I used to walk by my garbage and gag everytime. Why are prego noses so sensitive?? Let's go to lunch soon so I can see your belly!

Lillie said...

Um-- can you tell I've been a bit behind in the blog-reading this summer? CONGRATS!!!!!! I just back tracked to see how long ago you posted. I was sure I'd checked it recently. Maybe I just skipped that one and didn't realize it. I can't wait to find out what you're having!