Tuesday, August 18, 2009

i heart summer saturdays



Summer saturdays in the Griffeth household are my favorite. We take a break from home projects and enjoy our Saturdays all summer long! We've been in my parent's backyard swimming every Saturday we've been in town since June.

This last Saturday was especially fun. We got there earlier than usual so I could go maternity clothes shopping with Sam & my mom (I hit the jackpot at The Gap! I ended up getting 55% off the sale price. I scored. Big time.) While I was gone Wes and my dad took Nate swimming. Soon after the Thompson clan showed up for a little lunch BBQ and swimming. We always put Nate down for a nap at my parent's house so we have a few hours to lay on a raft in peace! It's the best. Wes took Nate swimming again when he woke up . . . I don't think I've heard Nate laugh that much in a long time! He thought "surfing" on the raft with his dad was sooo fun.

While I'm ready to say adios to the summer heat . . . I will sure miss summer Saturdays in the pool.

6 comments:

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

I would say I love our Summer Saturdays too, but this summer Cody has either been at the library or at work on Saturdays. Last summer was more enjoyable that way. So hopefully, one day...soon.

mrs. timberlake said...

jealous.

very very jealous.

especially the napping and kid free raft time part.

Julie T. said...

I would miss those Saturdays too!! Also, Happy Anniversary!!

Kiley said...

your mom's pool made our summer fun as well! Thanks Barbara!

Doreen Griffeth said...

Too fun! What a way to spend the summer! Thanks for the great pics!
Love,
MOM G

Alisha said...

Good day! Days like that don't come around often enough if you ask me!