Wednesday, September 2, 2009

our 2 year old - Nathan



There’s so much to say about Nate at the age of {2}. He’s our crazy, funny, quirky, tender, goofy, precious, loving, naughty, comical, lovable little boy.

It’s been a while since I’ve written about his little personality . . . so here we go . . .

He must have all of his “friends” in his bed for naps and bedtime. His friends consist of Horton, George, big puppy, little puppy & horsie. Oh, and we can’t forget green blanky.



His current movie obsession is Cars. Recent ones include Curious George and Horton Hears a Who. He still loves all things Sesame Street.



He dumps everything out. Nothing stays in containers. Nothing stays on his plate. He always dumps.

He’s our chatter-box. We’ve gotten up to a 6-word phrase so far! (a phrase meaning words put together to get his point across but by no means a complete sentence with prepositions.)
Some of my favorites that I can think of are: “windy day – sun bright”. “sorry daddy. Sorry mommy.” “Nate no poo-poo church.” “Watch meeee, mom/dad.” “Oh man.” “aaah, Gosh.” “Come ooonnn mommy, dance!” “fast song, mommy.” “Nate toes cold/hot.” “tubba.” "eat rice, beans and chicken."

He loves to be thrown in the air. The higher the better in Nate's opinion.



He loves to jump. Right before bath time every night, Wes lets him do "big jumps" from his nightstand.


He either eats a lot or nothing at all. Some all-time favorites are cucumbers, mac & cheese, orange juice/apple juice, grapes, any candy, popsicles, eggs, toast (English muffins/bagels). He'll eat just about anything my mom gives him but is quite picky at home.


He’s peed in the potty a handful of times. Once in public - I wasn’t ready for that one. He tells me regularly that he would rather poop in his pants than on the potty.

He likes his sleep. He takes a nap every day and sleeps 7pm to 7am every night. (give or take 30 minutes).

He asks if we are going to Abbie’s house or Kiley/Hadley’s house at least three times a day.
He loves all things boy.

Is obsessed with coloring. He always pulls up a chair for me to color with him.

He loves to play golf in the driveway with Wes. He uses a big ol’ golf club and hits a soccer ball. He thinks it’s hilarious when he hits the ball in the street because dad has to run after it.

He tells me when things are too messy.

He’s very particular about my hair. He tells me to put it up or down throughout the day. He now refuses to let me do his hair. Yes, he’s quirky.

He absolutely loves to clean. He’ll pull out wipe after wipe and clean the house!

He always wants to help cook. He especially loves to cut things.
He still loves to play in water.


He loves wearing mom/dad/grandma’s shoes.
Loves to read.

Loves playing in rocks & being outside.


He is obsessed with the fact that he’s a boy. He always tells me he’s a boy and is quick to point out when he sees a man.

He can be such a sweetheart and soooo mean in a two minute span.

If I didn’t see him being mean, he always tells me what he did. “I hit. I push. I kick.”

He knows a kiss will get him a long way.

He loves to shoot hoops and hit a ball with his bat.
We sure do love this crazy, funny, quirky, tender, goofy, precious, loving, naughty, comical, lovable kid of ours.

8 comments:

Anya said...

Oh- we love him too. So cute.

Sammy said...

you forgot to mention that his meanness is usually directed toward his aunt sam. Good thing I like him or we would be in trouble :)

Doreen Griffeth said...

I LOVE this boy, too! Thanks for sharing so much of his personality with this far away grandma!
Love,
MOM G

Ali said...

I guess Cars (the movie), blankies and tons of stuffers in your bed must be Marz things. We don't watch Cars nearly as much anymore (thank goodness) but no one in our house can go to bed without a blankie and Daisy has to have Fufu (snoopy), Fufu (Grover), Elmo and at least one teddy in bed before she will go to sleep.

Taralee said...

Such a dang cute kid!!! I love all the info you add in there! I really think he is quite the little stud and his eyes are to die for :)

Trisha said...

Yep, sounds like a busy 2 yr. old to me.

Julie T. said...

Aww, Great post! He is such a cute little boy:)

Laurel said...

Sounds very busy! What a fun little BOY!!!