Saturday, September 19, 2009

St. George Rodeo - yee haw!

A few weeks ago I told Kiley that Wes was going to be in Minnesota for a week in September. She was nice enough to invite Nate and I to St. George to go to the rodeo with them! Wes sure missed out on some cowboy fun.




We left on Thursday morning with two 2-year-olds in tow and drove to St. George. We had a great 2.5 days with Kiley and her cute family. Kiley was nice enough to let me eat at my favorite restaurants and go to a few stores we don't have in LV. We went to the outlet mall & DownEast Home as well as going out to eat at Bajio's and Pizza Factory. Kiley and I were both so impressed with Hadley and Nate. While they had their moments, they were SO well behaved! We only had to play referee a few times!

They got to play outside a little bit at a few parks which they loved. We still aren't in park mode in this lovely HOT desert.




After all of the eating and shopping for two days, we made it to the rodeo. Kiley has the cutest set of grandparents who go to the rodeo every year. Her grandpa is decked out in cowboy gear . . . I love it. They were nice enough to let Nate and I come along for the ride.




We got there a little early so the kids had time to see the animals & run around before the rodeo started.




Nate and Hadley loved the rodeo. I have to say that they both enjoyed it in their own way. Hadley was content to sit/stand and stare at the animals for HOURS and Nate had a touch of A.D.D.




Hadley spent a good chunk of the time on her grandma or papa's lap which meant Nate had Kiley all to himself. Nate LOVES Kiley and it showed at the rodeo. He wouldn't leave her alone! He gave her endless hugs and a few kisses and was acting so incredibly goofy. He had us both laughing pretty hard a few times!

Kiley's parents & grandparents were soooo cute with Nate. Of course Hadley adores them & Nate was right behind her joining in the grandparent fun. They treated him like he was their own and he loved it!





Back to Nate and his inability to sit still. He had a few moments where he was mesmerized by the cowboys on a horse. But the rest of the time he was a goofy-delirious-silly-crazy-energy filled-looney little boy. Still loving being at the rodeo but it was like I had filled him with a bag of candy before we walked in the door. But, I DIDN'T. I managed to keep him in our seats for a chunk of the time but we did get up and run around a few times. He ran alot. Before the rodeo started, Kiley kept saying to Hadley . . . "tell the horses we'll be right back" to try to get her to leave. Eventually Nate picked up on it and the rest of the night he told me that he'd "be right back". As we walked around the rodeo - he'd run a little bit in front of me, fling himself around, and yell "be right back". While it was a little obnoxious to follow him around like this - I was laughing out loud. He was by far, the silliest I've ever seen him. I tried to capture his goofyness.




After all of our rodeo fun on Friday night, Nate and I drove back to Vegas on Saturday morning. We had Ty's birthday party Saturday afternoon & it gave Kiley some time with her family (her hubby Brandon drove up Friday night). Nate's been talking about seeing horsies, cows, sheep & cowboys for 2 days now. And he keeps asking for Kiley, Hadley and Hadley's grandma & papa.

We had a great time - thanks again, Kiley & your cute family!

8 comments:

Kiley said...

It was fun! Glad we ditched the husbands so we could shop and eat where we wanted! And Nate gives the best hugs, wish Hadley would show me some love!

Alisha said...

Nate sounds a lot like Wes was when he was little...goofy and busy! Glad you all had a good time!

mrs. timberlake said...

So cute. Great idea to rode trip it to cooler weather for a rodeo!

Park weather, where are you?

I love Nate's polo shirt.

Doreen Griffeth said...

Too fun! Welcome to my world with his DAD! By the first half hour, he would make friends with EVERYONE around us!
Glad you had a great time!
Love,
MOM G

Ali said...

Doreen's comment is so funny...things haven't changed much. Wes still makes friends with literally everyone around him!

I'm shocked Wes let you go without him. I'd have figured him for a sick day when a rodeo was involved...

The Skeehan Family said...

I love that you guys just up and went to the rodeo... you are so fun seriously. And I love goofy Naters, he makes me smile - and you did a great job capturing his little mannerisms :)

laurel said...

That sounds like fun Linds!

katierose said...

that looks like so much fun!! it reminds me of my own childhood. that nate of yours looked like he was in HEAVEN! you captured some genuine happiness!