Monday, February 16, 2009

sometimes things don't turn out the way you planned.



We had many different plans for our Presidents Day/Valentines Day/ 3-day weekend:

Plan #1: Go to the cabin with my parents to go snowmobiling and sledding. Then Duck Creek got hit with a major snow storm so we decided to stay.

Plan #2: Clean our garage! It really needs some attention from us.

But then Wes & I were both hit with a cold on Friday that involved a serious sore throat, body aches & no energy. We sat on the couch and slept whenever Nate slept. Nate was such a TROOPER while we were out of it and was such a good little kid. He even took a 3 hour nap on Saturday and a 3 hour nap on Sunday which allowed Wes and I to lay down, too. By Sunday we were feeling a little better {but still had zero energy} but we did go to my parent's house for dinner.

We did manage to get Nate out of the house a little bit so he didn't go stir crazy . . .




Since my parent's were planning on being at the cabin they didn't have any plans this weekend. So Nate had a sleepover at their house on Sunday night. I've decided that this stage is the perfect time for sleep-overs at grandma and grandpa's. He sleeps great in a pack-n-play and rarely wakes up at all during the night so it's pretty easy for my parent's to watch him.

They took him all day Monday which was such a nice treat after having a depressing weekend! I slept until 9:30am on Monday. That has not happened in YEARS and it was fabulous. Absolutely fabulous. We cleaned the rest of the morning & organized our food storage. All of our food storage cans are now under our bed and our under-the-stairs closet is now organized with all of the rest of our extra food. It's amazing how much you can get done with two people and no toddler! We decided to also have some fun so we went to Town Square & had lunch at CPK, did a little shopping, and saw Taken. What an intense movie. After the movie, we headed to my parent's to pick up Nate and it was great to see him.

I absolutely love 3-day weekends ... even when half of it is spent feeling crappy. I love starting the daily grind on a Tuesday . . . instead of a Monday!

9 comments:

mrs. timberlake said...

We saw TAKEN too.
We should chat about it. How did I ever go traveling out of the country as an 18 year old?

AND, so glad you got to sleep in AND have a toddler free day. WOO HOO.

Hope you guys are all feeling better.

Teisha said...

I'm glad you are feeling better now. My kids have had it all week too. That is so nice you guys got some time to sleep in. That is the only present I ever need!

Amander said...

Boo on colds ruining a long weekend! Glad you are feeling better and at least were able to do some relaxing.

Alisha said...

How is it that you all make a cruddy weekend sound fun? I'm glad you all are feeling better.

510Jen said...

Nice--ok not the feeling like crap moments but getting stuff done.

Love the pic of Nate in the swing way too Cute!

leigh and spencer said...

You are such the photographer! I love the fun moments you capture with your camera. Spence loves the swings too and will stay on them forever. He even fell asleep once. It was adorable:) We miss you guys!

Andrus Family said...

Guess it's a good thing that we didn't come that weekend, huh? Funny how things work out. We'll have to try again another month. Hope you two are feeling better!

The Skeehan Family said...

Sounds like you had a pretty fabulous Monday - so glad you got better before then so that you were able to take advantage of a day off... and seriously, yeah, it's amazing everything one can get done with a child somewhere else. You'll have to visit with me about Taken - I'm debating if I could do it.

Crouch6 said...

I wish my parents lived closer!! Your parents seem like awesome grandparents.