Sunday, February 8, 2009

Nate's first week in nursery. Overall, a great Sabbath day.



Today was Nate's first day in nursery. We've been waiting for this day for 6 months! Overall, he did quite well. For the last few months, we've been "hall dwellers" and every Sunday Nate knocks on the nursery door hoping he can go in. So he was pretty excited when I walked him in there today. Luckily there was a small kitchen (one of Nate's favorite toys) and so I walked him right over and he was in heaven. I left immediately so that he doesn't get used to having me in there. Sister Wood said he whined on and off but that overall he did quite well.

Then . . . he did what he does best. He pooped. So of course they had to come find me. I took him back in and this time he knew exactly what was about to happen so he clung to me for dear life. I managed to get him to sit down and play with a toy but as soon as he saw me head for the door he started hysterically bawling. Luckily we have FABULOUS nursery leaders and they were able to calm him right down and he stayed until the end of church! Nursery, cold turkey, just might be the way to go.

And so . . . I got to experience Sunday School for the first time in months. And it was fabulous. I love the Doctrine & Covenants so it was great to be able to sit through a discussion about it and actually learn something while being at church instead of being distracted by my little man. And I'm sure he had a much better time in nursery than roaming the halls.

{Wes took Nate on a mini-walk this morning before church so I followed them with the camera.}





Our Sunday ended with having the missionaries over for dinner. It was a nice Sunday!

8 comments:

Street Fam said...

Nursery is the greatest thing in the world! At least I think it is on Sundays. :)

Doreen Griffeth said...

That's great! What a grown up little boy! Glad it was a good Sunday! He'll be grown before you know it! Look at his dad!!!!
Love,
MOM G

Teisha said...

I'm glad it went okay. I LOVE his polo shirt and vest. He is too cute!

Teisha said...

Thanks for the info on checking your previous post. When I checked this post I assumed it was the current one. I don't usually miss any of yours. Anyways, it definitely made me feel better to know everyone is in the same boat and give their kids the basics. My girls are actually really good eaters. Tallon on the other hand never was. He still eats the same thing for breakfast, lunch and dinner every single day. I can't believe nate doesn't like bread. Have you tried switching the pb with honey instead of jam? Tallon also would like pickles but wouldn't even touch mac and cheese. I'm not really one for letting my kids skip meals. I think when they are older that is okay, but our little ones wouldn't even understand. My girls eat the fruit oatmeal packets, and I just got them to try the cottage cheese doubles (with that fruit stuff in it) and they actually really liked it. There are also in the frozen section green giants individual broccoli and cheese things. My girls won't eat veggies but with the cheese on them they will. String cheese is always a hit for them or any kind of cheese. Have you tried the pasta pick ups for graduates. They are expensive but easy and worth it if they will actually eat them. Yogurt drinks have been a big hit with all my kids. Tallon has had many meals in the evening where that will be all he has. Good luck...it sounds like Nate is picky like Tallon. I'm so glad my girls are better because I remember how stressful it can be.

Camille said...

Wow, he is so handome! I love his little sunday outfit. That pic of he and Wes walking is so priceless, save that one! From being a nursery leader, I say- leave them- they do so much better cold turkey. The lingering parents drive me nuts. If they are "that bad" we'll come get YOU. :)
By the way, a friend of mine does the whole P90X thing. Hadn't heard of it before that. She does her so-called ab suicide every other night. I just did my 1st one last thursday. Totally suicide! LOL But I am anxious to loose some mama flab on the gut! LOL

mrs. timberlake said...

i am a sucker for a toddler in a sweater vest. these pictures are great, love them.

and i love brief sunday walks before church, when everyone is all ready.

Kelsey said...

He really is the cutest kid on the block. Yeah for nursery! I cant believe he is that old already. You get to church early enough to go on walks? What? =) Over acheivers

Julie T. said...

I am counting down until Ridge can go into nursery -only 10 more months:) I am not a fan of roaming the halls. Our ward is mostly older people and there aren't very many kids, so I feel like everyone is annoyed when I actually go to class.
So, I'm glad that Nate gets to go now. Don't worry, he will like it soon!