Friday, February 13, 2009

happy v-day



While Wes and I don't do anything out-of-the-ordinary on Valentines Day . . . it was kind of a fun week for me and Nate. A few times a year {literally}, I feel like making treats and this was one of those times. I ended up making Valentine treats for my young women and Nate helped me with a few Valentine treats for his Las Vegas cousins. I made a few pans of rice krispie treats, cut them in to hearts, and dipped half of it in chocolate. (thanks megan for the idea). Then we made chocolate covered pretzels and little oreo sandwiches cut in to hearts. It was a yummy week at our house!



Then I made chocolate chip cookie dough brownies (again, thanks Megan for the recipe) for Wes' office as a little treat. This is very rare for me to spend this much time in the kitchen but it was actually kinda fun. Nate sure loved trying all the goodies.


{photo courtesy of bakerella}

I'm trying to teach Nate from a young age to be nice to the ladies. So he sent this Valentine to a few of his girlfriends . . .



Happy Valentines Day.

13 comments:

The Roe Family said...

i absolutley adore that last picture. You sure do sound like a fun mom letting nate help out in the kitchen that doesn't happen at my house.
Those pictures are dangerous, i'm lickin my chops as i type

Julie T. said...

I love Nate's Valentine! Priceless. All those treats looked SO good! I have had the urge to bake lately too. It is not good because I end up eating half of whatever I make:(
Happy V-day to you guys!

Alyssa Griffeth said...

I just made those bakarella cookie brownies too!

I love having Olivia help me in the kitchen. SHe always makes a huge mess, but it is hilarious watching her stir things. :)

We got Nate's valentine today...Too cute! I was a slacker mom in that department this year.

Happy V Day!

Ali said...

We loved our treats!

Kyle, Abbie & Daisy, the Las Vegas cousins

familyof4 said...

You always think of cute things to pass out. Everything looked yummy! Your cards turned out great!

Kelsey said...

You over acheiever! Look at you go! Awesome pic of the brownies! Looks like you've got the hang of you camera!

mrs. timberlake said...

Very cute ideas. Very jealous of your ability to spend time in the kitchen. I wish I was in your YW.

Tina said...

MMMMM such yummie goodies. Emma and Zac made chocolate chip cookies and that's as good as it got at my house this year.

The Skeehan Family said...

Dear Nate,

Yes! I will be your Valentine! Although it sounds like you sent a Valentine to many ladies, which makes me very sad because my heart only belongs to you! :)

Love,
Claire

Katrina said...

You are the cutest mom ever!

Amander said...

Look at you so domestic and crafty :)

Lillie said...

Ok those brownies? They look like something I NEED to make. Can I steal the recipe??

That valentine from Nate is DARLING.

The Baker said...

Man I wish i was baking. I absolutely cannot bake and do weight watchers at the same time....oh those brownies....so so so good!