Thursday, September 18, 2008

What's on this weekend's agenda?

NEW YORK CITY.

For those of you who don't know Wes very well . . . he's a baseball fanatic. A few months ago, he casually mentioned to me that he would love to go Yankee Stadium before they close it to be able to see part of baseball's history. I laughed, saying "we're not going across the country again for just a weekend."



And then I thought about it and said, "why not?" And that's when it all fell together in a matter of 24 hours.

Flights to NY: Thanks to the companion pass we have on Southwest, I get there for free.

Yankees game: A client pulled through with tickets.

Place to stay: One of my favorite people, Laurel Walker, lives there so I not only get to see a Yankees game but I get to see Laurel, Brad & their cute kids, too.

What to do with Nate: My sweet parents are taking him. Again. And yes, he's getting molars and has another ear infection. Lets just say I owe them BIG.

And so, Wes and I are going to enjoy a weekend without Nate in one of the best cities in the world. Wes has never been to NYC to it will be fun to explore with him. And I love a baseball game so we're excited for our little adventure in Manhattan.

16 comments:

Alisha said...

Have a great time! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Alyssa Griffeth said...

How fun! I can't wait to take Grant to NYC someday SOON! Have a fun fun trip!

Crouch6 said...

How fun! I've always wanted to go there!

The Roe Family said...

make sure to take lots of pictures and then blog about it. i've never been and i'm dying to go. have fun!

Doreen Griffeth said...

Have a GREAT time! It is a fun city to visit! Enjoy!
Love,
MOM G

Street Fam said...

Way fun! Yankee Stadium is pretty cool. We went a few years ago with all my fam. Enjoy!

familyof4 said...

SO Fun! Have a great time!

Teisha said...

You guys travel so much! That is awesome. I love NYC. I hope you have a great time and can't wait to see the pics!

Camille said...

WOW! Super wife! That is so awesome you are doing that together. That will be a super fun trip. Jonathan's mom is so great with always taking our kids too- no matter what. Are grandparents the best!
Have a blast!!

Lillie said...

Can I just say that while I am very happy for you--- I am SOO jealous! It's NOT supposed to be that easy to take off for the weekend when you have kids! I guess that's the beauty of a post-nursing baby that lives close to Grandma.... SOOOO jealous. But mostly happy for you. :) Have FUN!

510Jen said...

Lucky you! Have so much fun.

The Skeehan Family said...

Was thinking of you all last night during the tribute to Yankee's stadium - can't wait to hear all about it!! :) Hope you had a great time.

Kelsey said...

I wont even tell you how jealous/mad Jared was when he was sitting here reading your blog. =)He had been bugging me to go to that game, FOREVER! Nice client to get you ticks. Looks like it was amazing. Glad you got some time away. Eat anywhere fun?

Julie T. said...

As we were watching the game on Sunday, I was thinking about you and Wes. You will be able to tell your grandkids about that one day:) I hope you guys had fun. I am going to email you about the photography class.

Julie T. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amander said...

You guys have a seriously fun life. I'm jealous.