Friday, September 5, 2008

a reminder of how precious life is.

I have a great client that I've been working with for a few months now. They are a family owned company & they are some of the nicest people I've ever met. Every time I meet with the owner of this company he talks about how great his wife and family are.

After a fun day out and about with Nate & dinner with some friends, I received a humbling email as I was driving home tonight. The son of my client was killed in a tragic accident yesterday. My stomach sank as I thought about this wonderful man and the grief he & his family are currently feeling. How do you cope with something like this? Unfortunately, a few of you reading my blog know exactly what this family is going through because you've lost a child of your own. In the email I received, this grieving family asked all of us to hold our kids a little tighter tonight and to appreciate our families a little more. Life is too precious not to.

I feel like I've had quite a few tragic reminders lately of how fragile life can be. We never know what Heavenly Father has in store for us so I'm going to try to appreciate what I do have a little more. My heart goes out to this family, and every family, who has had to endure the trial of losing a child. I can't even begin to fathom what that must be like. My thoughts and prayers are with this family who lost their son yesterday.

6 comments:

Alisha said...

I like you can not imagine that trial, but what comfort we do have in our knowledge of Heavenly Father's plan and that we will be able to see lossed loved ones again. I will definitely hold my kiddos a bit longer this afternoon.

Julie T. said...

Was the son 12? Chris has been on a few REALLY sad calls lately. He has a constant reminder on how fragile life is. But at the same time, he has been able to help people in the worst moments ever.

Kelsey said...

How sad. That poor family. One cannot even imagine that heartache. Not to sound preachy but there are a lot of children being called home early. I think it is the Lords way of getting more work done with such special spirits that don't need this hard life. It doesnt make it any easier for those families, though. They will be in our prayers.

Teisha said...

Wow...that is so sad. I'm so sorry for both you and this family. It definitely is a reminder to not take my many blessings in life for granted.

Britt and Rick said...

Definately impossible to comprehend what this family is going through. I'll definately hug Jake a little tighter!

Tina said...

My heart and soul goes out to your friends. It is the hardest thing that has happened to me yet in this life and I'm not sure how I would have handeled it with out the gospel. I had a person give me a book called Healing after loss. Mary Whitmore Hickman. You can get it at Barnes & Noble if you are interested. It helped me a ton infact I still refer back to it. Love Aunt Tina