Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Mr. Mischief

I've entered in to the "uh-oh . . things are too quiet in there" phase of parenting. I can usually tell when he's in to something that he doesn't want mom to see. He's a very curious little dude and loves to make a mess. Every once in a while I let him make a huge mess because of the sheer joy that is on his face while he's doing it.

He loves to empty the entire thing of wipes. Which is the least of my concerns because those are easy to throw in a ziploc bag and use later. Plus, it takes him about 15 minutes to empty the entire thing so if he's preoccupied a few times throughout the day, I'm happy.


Grandpa Griffeth wasn't as excited when Nate emptied his last box of his favorite cereal. He started out by eating just a few and before I knew it he dumped the entire box out while sitting on my lap. Lets just say Cheerios were everywhere & Nate was loving it.



He's all boy. And I love it.

13 comments:

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

Why do kids love emptying those Costco wipes so much? I love the picture of him caught red-handed among those cheerios!

Sammy said...

love the wife beater on your son

Alisha said...

The curiousity is just beginning...I can't wait to see what crazy stuff little Nate does in the next couple of years! It should be fun!

Katrina said...

Why do kids love to empty the wipes and dump cheerios on the ground. I think this something every child has done. I am so glad my kids have moved past that stage.

Katie said...

That cheerio picture is classic. So messy and happens to every child! And to answer your playgroup qusetion...it's a group of 6 who get together once a week for 2 1/2 hours. You rotate having the kids every 6 weeks at your house and it's very low key...kind of like nursery, a small lesson and craft if you're up to it! We love it and I can get a lot done these days in that short amount of time :)

Doreen Griffeth said...

What a boy! If he is anything like Wes, you've had it easy so far!
Love,
MOM G

Patrick and Jennifer Thompson said...

So INNOCENT, I love the look on his face in both pictures!!!

Anya said...

I love the saggy diaper.

Ali said...

The saggy diaper was cracking me up too...but it looked sort-of like a jock-strap to me...the little boy kind with the huge cup in them that he'll need in a few years when he starts playing baseball.

Teisha said...

A million more things to pick up in one day. Not fun but super cute. I'm glad you got to spend some time with your sis and see fam. I'm sure it was especially nice not to have Nate around for a little bit and be able to carry on real conversations!

Amanda said...

Little boys are so fun, but I need to try to be better & not worry about their messes, you are such a great mom!

Brooke said...

Ah, and so it begins :) It's a good thing they're so dang cute right?!

Tina said...

Oh my I have never had the cherrios but deal with the baby wipes all the time. My house usually looks like a bomb went off by the time the kids leave.