Thursday, September 4, 2008

I'm loving fresh & easy

There are very few stores I'd want "in my backyard" but this is one of them. I LOVE fresh & easy. I was there this morning and I was reminded, yet again, of how much I wish I could walk there every morning to get fresh produce & my food for TODAY. Forget the freezer. Forget food going bad because you didn't use it. Just walk 5 minutes and buy what you want to eat within the next 24 hours. Especially because they have so many things that are 50% off because the "sell by" date is that day!

I know, driving there isn't that big of a deal but I'm certainly not going every day when I have to load my kiddo in the car. A short walk or bike ride to pick up a few groceries sounds heavenly. I think that's why I loved my few months in London because we walked everywhere and you didn't have to (or have room to) keep much so you went out every day to get it.
There is a nice plot of dirt by my house. What are my chances that a Fresh & Easy will pop up there? For those of you who live by me, go to http://www.freshandeasy.com/whereweare.aspx and let them know you want one near St. Rose Parkway and LV Blvd.
And for those of you who also love Fresh & Easy, what are your favorites? There are a lot of things we haven't tried yet . . .

8 comments:

Teisha said...

I also love Fresh and Easy, luckily they have them in Cali. In the frozen section they have a Jalapeno chicken that is really good and it serves 2 and is actually cheaper than making a meal.

The Skeehan Family said...

I will confess, I have yet to be in one, but I do know, for a fact, that amy is addicted... having both of you give it such a tremendous thumbs-up makes me definitely think I am missing out....... but then again, I'm always a little late getting on the bandwagon.

laurel said...

I've never heard of fresh and easy, but it sounds great! I hope you get one near you! I can be the first to say how great it is to walk out your door and get food :)

Ali said...

Don't worry, there will be one next door before long. They have one within two to five miles of my house in literaly every direction. They better get some pretty good business from the Vegas market soon or will go bust from all the building costs....

mrs. timberlake said...

A) organic lemonade
B) organic strawberry lemonade
C) shredded beef shepherds pie
D) ALL kinds of their cookie dough
E) their cereal bars
F) fruit platters and mixed berries
G) chocolate covered blueberries
H) their apricot applesauce

Okay, I think that just about sums it up. I just love that it's small and I can get pretty much anything I need/want.

Lillie said...

The salmon with the side of terriyaki sauce, raw of course. I wait for it to be half off and stock my freezer. I follow the instructions (which include the microwave which sounds gross) but it is the best grocery store salmon I've had!

And their chocolate cupcakes, but you have to get those fresh.

Oh and their hamburgers... not sure if they're really better, or if it's the little buns, or that you can wait and get the burgers half off and feel like a thief, but they're good.

Oh and I stock up on crusty bread when it's half off, slice it, ziplock it, and freeze it, then you can always have a sandwhich on sourdough or roasted garlic artisan, etc.... yum.

Bella Beginnings said...

I haven't been yet, but they are starting to pop up all over. Maybe you have convinced me to make a trip. I agree, that London was so cool, because we would just buy it as we needed it... including hobnobs!!!

Tina said...

Wish we had one of these and Trader Joes in Salt Lake or better yet South Jordan