Sunday, July 20, 2008

Smart Little Ones

It amazes me how observant these little ones are. It seems like Nate is doing something new every few days lately! Maybe it's just that stage.

We didn't know our grill was out of gas tonight so we couldn't cook our planned Sunday dinner so we ended up having pancakes, bacon & eggs. It seemed like the easiest and fastest thing to throw together last minute! Anyway, the eggs were hot and so I was blowing on them, telling Nate they were hot, before I gave a bite to Nate. When I put it up to his mouth he blew on them, too! He kept doing it over and over. It was his first time "blowing" on his food! It's always fun when they catch ya off guard with something new.

We've been using a large box that contains a bookcase for Nate as our "gate" at the bottom of the stairs (our gates are on order) and I think by tomorrow he will be able to climb over it. I think he watched his friend Hadley climb over it a few too many times & now he's about figured it out.

And here is a camera phone picture of him drinking one of his all-time favorites. An In-n-Out strawberry milkshake. I swear he can drink the entire thing himself. He LOVES them.

8 comments:

mrs. timberlake said...

WAIT! my girls don't blow yet.
In swim lessons, we are trying to get them to blow bubbles, and they do more of a spit thing. I am jealous.

BUT, Mackenzie did start saying uh-oh today. :)

Brooke said...

Your so funny LIndsay. I can teach you to digi scrap. It's really easy once you know what to do.. just use your creativity and I know you have tons of it! And.. pay me? Whhatt? ;) No. But, maybe you can show me how to use my nifty camera! Come over and hang out! Do you use a mac or pc?

Brooke said...

also, your hawaii trip looked like such a blast. please take us with you next time!

Anya said...

I cannot believe he is almost 1 year old!!

Kelsey said...

I love those shakes, too! He is learning a ton!

Alisha said...

Smart boy! He is so darn cute!

Doreen Griffeth said...

What a brilliant grandson!!!! Just like his parents! It is so fun to watch them learn new "tricks." I remember him saying "ut, oh!" at the lake!
Fun!
Love,
Mom G

Andrus Family said...

It is funny the things that these guys pick up on their own...too cute! And you gotta love In N'Out strawberry shakes!