Saturday, July 26, 2008

a fun week with the fam

My cousin Emma was in town this week staying with my sister, Ali. Ali had a fun week planned and I got to tag along for some of it!

It all started on Monday night with quite a crowd at my parent's house for a swim BBQ. We had my immediate family, Emma, aunts and uncles who live in LV & my cousin Danny and his cute family were in town so they came, too. It was fun to see everyone! I love getting together for casual evenings at my parent's house with the fam.

Abbie enjoying her Capri Sun


Daisy isn't a huge fan of the pool but she's a great observer!


Nate was "getting Abbie" in the pool. We're trying to get her over her fear of Nate. They had a GREAT time in the water!




On Tuesday, I met Emma and Ali at Town Square to eat lunch at CPK. I love that place.



Then on Tuesday night, Wes and I got our first babysitter so WE could go out together! We met Ali, Tripp and Emma at the movies to see Batman. I loved it but it was a tad too long. Well, probably about an hour too long. I don't sit still for that long and it was WAY past my bedtime. But it was a great movie and Heath Ledger was amazing. It's sad to think he's gone.

Thursday night was spent at Mandalay Bay having dinner at the Burger Bar and seeing Mamma Mia! I've probably seen the show at least 10 times and I love it E V E R Y time. I think Emma thought my mom, sisters & I were a little crazy as we talked about cast members playing different roles, our "favorite" Sophie/Skye" etc. We've all seen it A L O T so we're all very familiar with cast members. :) It's a great show. I highly recommend it.


And then today, we went to paint pottery. Ali, Sam & I used to do this quite regularly but we haven't been in a long time. It was fun to paint today! Emma is quite the artist. She put me to shame!
It was great to not only spend some time with Emma but Ali, too! We should do that more often, Al! I had a fun week!

8 comments:

Doreen Griffeth said...

What a FUN week!!! You know how to enjoy company!
Love,
MOM G

Julie T. said...

how about this week? we need to get together!!

Lillie said...

What a fun week! I can't believe that was your first sitter! Happy for you to get out to a movie... can't wait to see it. Although the universal "dark" description has me a little creeped out.

What beautiful pictures. That first one of Abbie is gorgeous!

Tina said...

Ali planned some really fun things to do and Emma enjoyed them all. I'll have to hear all about it when she gets home. I have to say I did call her one night Friday I think because I just missed her. You're all great to show her such a great time.

Alisha said...

That post is the reason I love to visit Lindsay in Vegas...so much to do and so much fun!

katierose said...

i'm glad you got a babysitter for a date night! it's fun, isn't it???

The Skeehan Family said...

What a FUN FUN week... and hearing you talk about the Burger Bar makes me miss you even more. This phone tag thing is getting a little ridiculous ps.

Britt and Rick said...

fun fun fun... The Dark Knight made me really nervouse! Ricky and I went straight home to play with Jake so we could have a happy feeling!