Wednesday, July 30, 2008

our poor man's pool

My little man is just like me. He L O V E S the water. Once we got back from our vacations, I finally went to Target and got him a little "poor man's pool" for our backyard. Well, it's not so little. It's about 9' long by 3' wide by 2' deep so we all fit comfortably! It's heavenly! It's perfect when we have a half hour to kill and we're both sick of being inside. Filling the thing up is definitely his favorite part. He loves having the hose on so he can spray it everywhere - including his face. He doesn't seem to mind the freezing cold water.

Now don't let me lead you to believe that I'm able to sit on a chair next to him and read a book or call a friend. Oh, no. He wants me IN the pool with him to splash and play. Which is fine by me because I love being in water, too. He usually just climbs all over me and wants me to wind up his water turtle and lobster so they can swim with us. And just like the tub, he quickly found the drain at the bottom so he frequently waters our cement!

Some days I wish I could fill the thing up just for me so I can lay in it and read a book! But since that's never going to happen . . . Nate and I (and occasionally Wes) continue to enjoy it.

10 comments:

Trisha said...

Looks like fun! Nate is such an adorable boy. Your family pictures turned out great by the way. Who did you end up using?

Bella Beginnings said...

I love these things. I bought two for Haylee's water birthday party and we seriously love them! The girls play with their ariel dolls in them adn love them. A great way to kill some time on a hot day!

Ali said...

Make sure you use the water after you are done to feed your plants!!!!!

Tina said...

Where did you find one that size and shape? Emma says he is really a cute little guy. Can't wait to see all of you!

Alyssa Griffeth said...

WOW! I'm jealous! Our Target only had little ones!

Megan said...

I'll wait for the picture of all of you in there together!! That's funny!

The Baker said...

theres always nap time! Did you ever read that 'Love the one your with" book? Michelle is wanting to read it when your done

510Jen said...

Cute new header. Love the orange font could you tell me what it is? Just email me k.

I love when babies love swimming.

Kelsey said...

What a great way to kill time. Glad he likes the water. Life is hard when they don't. K, so tons of peeps asked who took your family photos. So, tell us who!??

Alisha said...

Looks a lot like the one we had at the Lake??? I need to find some replacement plugs...maybe you have the info? Water on hot days is a must!