Friday, January 26, 2007

A DAY IN PORTLAND



I was in Portland, Oregon and Vancouver, Washington all day yesterday. I am handling two condominium projects up there and I had a few meetings to attend since we are about to open one of the properties for sales.

Everytime I go up there, they tell me that they are having great weather, the sun is shining, etc. And every time I arrive, there is thick fog, no sun, and it's COLD. Is that what people in the Northwest consider good weather? :) It made me appreciate my desert where the sun shines pretty much every day. While I would LOVE to live in a city where there is a river running through it & beautiful green trees....is it worth it when it's gloomy so much? We spend a lot of time in Georgia with Wes' family and while it is beautiful and green, it rains a TON, which I'm not sure I could handle either. Has anyone lived in a city that is beautiful & green, with either a river or a lake that you'd see every day, AND good weather? While I love my hometown of Las Vegas, it's really lacking the "pretty" factor. :)

1 comment:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Can you comment on your own blog? :) I forgot to mention that this photo of Portland is VERY deceiving. Of the 3 times I've been there, I've never seen the sky like that.