Sunday, October 16, 2011

Tennis Champions Series

I come from a tennis family.  Both my parents and my sisters and I all have a period of our lives where we played tennis.  Tennis happened to occupy about 8 years of my life so I definitely have a love for the game.

Growing up, tennis was always on tv at our house.  It usually was accompanied by my mom yelling at the screen at our favorite players – four of which we got to see on Saturday night.

151_t653

The Tennis Champions Series came to Vegas this weekend so it was no surprise that my parents would arrange for us all to go. [Nurse Sam, we missed you while you were saving lives at the hospital].

4 kids (1 of 1)

mom and dad (1 of 1)

It was a fun night out.  We started with dinner at Bahama Breeze and ended with some pretty entertaining tennis.  The four guys we got to watch were Andre Agassi, Pete Sampras, Jim Courier & John McEnroe.  McEnroe was definitely showing his age physically [he’s 53] but the rest of the guys still played pretty well.  They all had a sense of humor and had some fun entertaining the crowd. It was fun seeing Agassi play in his hometown – we all love Agassi in Vegas.  He ended up winning the whole thing.  Go Andre.

Speaking of Andre, his lovely wife Steffi was there with their kids.  And she happened to walk by the empty row RIGHT in front of us to get to the top.  What a classy lady.

agassi (1 of 1)

Thanks Marz family for a fun night out.

3 comments:

Ali said...

What is a little creepy is how quickly it is catching on. Abbie takes lessons every time she goes to Reno and plays constantly in our front yard and Nate is out hitting with Papa. Yikes. We need to do self-checks sometimes to make sure we aren't some crazy tennis parents...I'm sure Sam will gladly help with that.

The highlight for me was seeing Stephi...just in case anyone out there was wondering.

The Skeehan Family said...

How fun!!! I know your love-o-tennis, so that must have been a real treat. What a cute pictorial of your parents, by the way :)

Alisha said...

What a fun night out!