Sunday, October 9, 2011

halloween lunch & crafts

I’m the queen of saving fun ideas but I hardly act on them.  Some friends from my old ward had the same thoughts so we got together for a Halloween lunch & craft afternoon on Friday at my house.  It turned out pretty well!  The kids [lets be honest, mostly my child] got off to a rough start but once they got all of their emotions and craziness out of the way we had a blast!

For lunch, we made mummy pizzas as the main dish & I attempted a few new Halloween treats.

mummy pizza 2

mummy juice boxes (1 of 1)

ghost cookies (1 of 1)

frankenstein pudding (1 of 1)

Jen, Kiley & Brittany brought the crafts and they were really fun!  We started with decorating pumpkin sugar cookies.  Lets just say you could tell which cookies were the boys and which were the girls.  Hadley & Ellie’s were nicely decorated and they were gentle with their cookies.  Jake and Nate piled on as much goop as possible and could have cared less what it looked like!

cookie decorating (1 of 1)

Then they made paper plate spiders.

spider plates (1 of 1)

We finished up our Halloween date with painting pumpkins.  It was pretty cute – Jake loved his wet, painted pumpkin so much he gave it a big hug.  I’m sure they all left with a few more colors on them than how they came!

painting pumpkins (1 of 1)

I have some fabulous friends from my last ward & it was great to get together.  Hopefully that will happen more often!

5 comments:

Alisha said...

Great idea and looks like tons of fun!

J-Leav said...

that looks like so much fun! And adorable. Love the lunch treats!

Lauren said...

Great idea! I, too, always save ideas and never see them through.

I have to say that because of this post, when the sign-ups for the twins' pre-school halloween party came around, I signed up for juice boxes, just so I could do this. I love it!

The Skeehan Family said...

I am so impressed! What great ideas and even more impressive you followed through with them - seriously I am much more the other Lindsay. Way to go! Way to be festive and fun... I love how you inspire me :)

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

How cute and what a great idea! Love that you're always doing something fun for the kids....such a great mom!