Tuesday, June 21, 2011

thanks to mimi’s party planning - i started early celebrating the big 30.

I’m in my last week in my 20’s.  Next Monday – June 27 – I turn the big 3-0. 

To celebrate turning 30 – my dear friend Mimi planned an entire weekend of FUN without me knowing it.  She showed up on my doorstep on Friday morning around 9:00am and stayed until Saturday night.  She was perfectly happy coming with me to swim lessons on Friday & doing my typical routine [which I must say, was fabulous with her by my side!] Then my mom surprised me and had a babysitter come over at 3pm so we could leave before Wes got home from work!

Mimi and I headed straight to Fashion Show mall to enjoy a little Nordstrom and some window shopping.  It was wonderful!  Then we headed to a restaurant where she surprised me, yet again, with some of my favorite friends and sister to have dinner with!  Trisha picked the restaurant – Firefly – and it was delicious.  It’s a Tapas restaurant which I typically wouldn’t have chosen myself and I loved it.  Such a fun atmosphere, delicious food & great company.  I thought the night ended there but we all made our way to Town Square for a little shopping and then a movie.  All things I hardly ever get to do which made it perfect. 

Surprise 30 girls weekend FIREFLY (1 of 1) 

[not pictured: Sam.  She met us at Town Square for some shopping and a movie after a 12 hour shift as a nurse!  Thanks Sam for hanging out with us on YOUR birthday weekend.  Glad we could celebrate together!]

My parents were at their cabin so Mimi and I made ourselves at home at their house on Friday night.  We slept until 9:40am on Saturday!  It was fabulous.  After a quick run to the store and Einsteins for sandwiches, we had lunch ready by 11:30am and then in to the pool we went.  Trisha, Alex, Kiley & Sam were able to join us for pool time on Saturday afternoon.  All of us plopped down on a raft and were perfectly content until we had to get out.  There is no such thing as too much time floating on a raft – in my opinion!

mimi.lindsay in pool (1 of 1)

alex.kiley.me.trish in pool (1 of 1)

Then came the dreaded hour that I had to take Mimi back to the airport.  It was a fabulous weekend with some of my favorite people. 

Hello 30’s.  You’re looking pretty good already.

[BIG thanks to Mimi for planning this whole thing – my friends/sisters for coming to play – and for all of the wonderful dads who watched their kids on Fathers Day weekend so the girls could celebrate.  I’m a pretty lucky girl!]

5 comments:

The Skeehan Family said...

loved it LOVED IT L.O.V.E.D. IT!

And love YOU! :)

Kiley said...

It was so fun! Thanks for letting me be apart of it! And good job MIMI!!!

I think we should send our guys golfing, get a babysitter at my house with the kids and me and you on a raft at your place:)

Alisha said...

Sounds wonderful! What a great weekend!

laurel said...

Yay! So fun! Sad to have missed it!

Doreen Griffeth said...

Happy Birthday, TODAY!!! What a fun way to keep celebrating! Hope Wes spoils you today!
Love,
MOM G