Sunday, June 26, 2011

St George getaway with Ryan & Leslie

four of us at temple (1 of 1) 

Wes & I were able to escape this weekend without the kiddos [thanks mom & dad] to meet Ryan & Leslie in St. George.   It was a nice, relaxing & inexpensive get-away.  Ryan has a good family friend who has a beautiful home there and they let us crash there for the weekend.  It was the perfect vacation home by a golf course and access to the pool!   Plus, a weekend with the Andrus’ is always fun.

Here’s a little of what the weekend consisted of:

. Ryan & Wes played 45 holes of golf.

ryan golfing (1 of 1)

wes on golf course (1 of 1)

. Leslie & I did some shopping.

. We ate.  Luckily we all love Pizza Factory so we ate there twice.  Wes needed a round 2 after a not-so-good Calzone the first go-around.  They had me pick the restaurant one night for my “birthday dinner” and we ended up at Outback which tasted really good when I ATE it but not so good when I threw it all up at 1am that morning.  It was NOT a pleasant few hours – that’s for sure!

. Speaking of being sick, poor Leslie is 17 weeks pregnant and had been doing alright with pregnancy sickness but got hit with a good dose of it on Saturday.  ALL day long.  She was a total trooper but did not feel well at all.  We felt so bad for her!

. We did sealings at the St. George Temple.  Sam & I were sealed to our parents at that temple when I was 7 and I’ve always wanted to go back.  It was neat being in the sealing room.

l & w at temple 2 (1 of 1)

st george temple (1 of 1)

. We spent some time by the pool, relaxing.

. We played Hearts & Rook.

. Leslie treated us to the Sweet Tooth Fairy Bakery [I’ve never had it before] for my birthday and it was delicious!  The cake bites are fabulous and I loved the VaNIElla cupcake.

. Lots of laughter and fun with two people we wish still lived in Vegas.  But we get to see them pretty often which is fun!  Thanks Ryan & Leslie for a great weekend.

And thanks Mom and Dad for taking our crazy kiddos!

6 comments:

J-Leav said...

I am so glad you had a good time (minus the pukin' of steak). You were crazy missed!

Doreen Griffeth said...

What a great weekend! You really know how to fill a few days!
Love,
MOM G

The Skeehan Family said...

jealous. BIG TIME.

Alisha said...

What a fun little getaway! I'm sure your kiddos had a great weekend as well!

The Roe Family said...

FuN!! I've gained 5lbs since moving to Utah I think it's because there is a sweet toothfairy across the street from my house.

Andrus Family said...

Good times, but I want a re-match in Rook!!