Thursday, June 30, 2011

hello, thirty.

16x20 girly birthday subway art 

It’s official – I’ve entered my 30’s & I’m kind of excited about it.  The 30’s look pretty fun.  But I’m not going to lie – my 20’s have been pretty awesome.   Here’s a re-cap of life for ME in the 20’s [not in any particular order.]

  • College at BYU -a fabulous four years.
  • Married Wes and then enjoyed four years with just US.
  • Coached 1 season of high school volleyball with my HS volleyball coach. 
  • Got to experience two miracle pregnancies & two births.  Amazing experiences both times.
  • Began to appreciate all things cowboy – including rodeos, PBR & cowboy boots.
  • Started my first “real job” at an ad agency in Salt Lake.  I still miss that place.  It was the best.
  • Traveled ALOT including a Study Abroad in London & visits to England, Ireland, Scotland, France, Italy, Germany, Hawaii x 4, New York x 3, Disneyland, beach houses, the cabin, Phoenix, lake trips, Salt Lake, etc.
  • Traveled to see Wes’ family in Georgia, Alabama, New Mexico, Texas & Idaho.
  • Made it to two tennis Grand Slam tournaments: Wimbledon & US Open.
  • Owned 3 houses.
  • Enjoyed being a mama.
  • Visited friends & family all over the country – it’s been fun staying in touch with such wonderful people.
  • Church callings: 7 years in Young Womens and 1 in primary!
  • Started a little vinyl company with Sam & my mom that we ended up shutting down. :)
  • Worked at Marz & Company with my dad [still do].  It’s been a pretty neat experience to work with/for him.  Quality time with my dad I’ll always cherish.
  • Enjoyed the happy times and am grateful for the trials and struggles.
  • and met some pretty amazing people along the way.

30’s: you have a lot to live up to!

----------

I try to keep an updated journal about ME and my life but lately my other roles and duties have made my journal-keeping non-existent.  So while this is cheesy – maybe my boys will someday want to read all about their mom when she was THIRTY.

the boys and their mama (1 of 1)

So, here we go: [I just noticed Wes added a few!]

. I could eat a taco every day of my life.

. I love bookstores. I could spend hours and hours there just roaming around.

. I’m a stay-at-home working mom. It’s a challenge right now but I still enjoy working most-of-the-time.

. I’m attempting to keep my yard alive and pretty. A garden is next on the horizon.

. I love to decorate. Maybe one day I’ll have the time to actually do it.

. I’m obsessed with the color blue.

. Icecream is a staple.

. I love to travel around visiting places & people.

. I put others ahead of my own needs. [that’s nice, Wes]

. I love to read…I could read all day long and still want to read more.

. I love a good challenge.

. Fountain drinks are a must.

. I love to organize & be organized.  I wish it happened more often.

. I am easily distracted.

. One of my favorite things is still to plop on a raft in the pool and relax.

. I don’t cook very often.  Maybe in my 30’s?

. I love the three boys in my life & feel soooo lucky they are mine. 

. I somehow get to live within 5 minutes of BOTH of my sisters.  I know it won’t last forever but I’m grateful it’s happening at all.

. I wish we could see Wes’ family more often.  Because they’re pretty awesome, too.

. I’ve got eczema and it’s not fun.

. I love going to dinner and a movie.

THANK YOU for all of the birthday wishes and lots of celebrations.  It was fun!  

3 comments:

Sammy said...

I could add a few to that list but I don't know how to hack into your blog like wes. Happy 30th sissy pants. Feel so blessed to have you as my sister!

Lauren said...

Happy birthday, Lindsay! This is a good idea- i just might steal hit when I hit the big 3-0 in a few months.

Julie T. said...

I hope you had a great birthday Lindsay! I learned some new things about you by reading your list:)