Wednesday, June 22, 2011

nate hearts summer

He’s loving everything about summer.  Two things that stand out this week are:

1 – The POOL.  He is my little fish.  He’s had 2 group swim lessons and they’ve been great.  Today the teacher taught him how to dive off the side!  Nate wanted to show Wes everything he learned today so we swam for about 20 minutes tonight before bedtime. Nate was throwing his dive sticks to the bottom of the pool in the shallow end and diving off the step to get them.  He can pretty much swim on his own and he can go a really long time before he comes up for a breath!

2 – Nate loves that school is out because it means TRAVIS is home all day!  Now when he asks if he can go see if Travis can play I don’t have to reply with “Travis is still at school.  Sorry.”  They’ve been playing a lot lately.

 nate.travis by pool (1 of 1)

I love Travis’ little knock on my door . . . I always know it’s him.  They love having each other 2 doors down.  Aimee says that Travis always wanted a little brother – I think he’s found a little bro and a friend in Nate!  Nate loves him!

1 comment:

Doreen Griffeth said...

What fun for that boy! I can totally see him loving the pool and a friend!
Love,
MOM G