Tuesday, May 3, 2011

life’s been crazy.

[please bare with my rambling . . . ]

I’m pretty sure I’ve never been this busy.  Or this “in charge” of so many things.

Don’t get me wrong – I like busy.

But crazy busy where I feel like I’m doing a lot but I’m doing a crappy job at all of it is not for me.

Work has been nuts.  It’s the first time since I’ve had Ryan where I got a brand spanking-new client on top of my two regulars.  New clients are always the most work because we end up re-doing everything for them and of course they want it done yesterday.  Still trying to figure out the “stay-at-home-working-mom-of-TWO-CRAZY-BOYS” thing.

I love my calling in Primary.  LOVE it.  I love being a secretary.  Not sure I’m any good at it.  Should the secretary really be asking for reminders?  Probably not.  But I get to serve with great ladies who help keep me on track.

These boys of mine?  Are fabulous and I love them to pieces.  But holy cow they are crazy!  Nate is a total boy in to pirates and swords and just wants to wrestle.  And Ryan is Mr. Mischievous and is quite the climber.  And quite the whiner/screamer.  Our house has turned in to a very loud one but these two make me smile.

And don’t even get me started on my house and my nasty car.  One of which is always a mess.

So you can imagine my excitement that TOMORROW we leave for Disneyland.  “We” meaning: my two sisters, my two nieces, and Nate and I.  Fingers are crossed that work catastrophes don’t arise for Ali or I so that we can both have a much needed break and a day of complete FUN.

We’re off – to the happiest place on earth.  And I’m stoked.

5 comments:

The Skeehan Family said...

well, from an outsider's perspective, you make crazy look incredibly fun :)

have an AWESOME time in Disneyland!!!! I still can't believe you get to just take Nate - I hope it turns out fantastically. Can't wait to hear all about it.

J-Leav said...

You deserve it and need it so badly I can't even get jealous ;) Have a great time and eat a absurd amount for me!

BTW, world's best secretary

Alisha said...

Enjoy the Happiest Place on Earth!

leigh and spencer said...

Hope you are feeling better and are able to enjoy Disneyland. Maybe it will give you a well-deserved break! Oh, and I totally feel the messy car thing :(

Kiley said...

Hope you are having fun in california! you deserve a break!!!