Tuesday, September 21, 2010

out of the mouth of NATE

After school today - Nate's buddies Hadley & Harrison came over to play and have lunch. Harrison & Nate were being typical boys and were a little crazy and obnoxious for Hadley who was simply trying to do her own thing. They pushed it a little too far so I put both Nate and Harrison in their own corner for timeout.

After sitting there for a minute or so quietly, Nate turns to Harrison across the room and says in a very serious tone - "I'm sorry Harrison. This is all my fault."

- - - - -

Tonight at the dinner table, I was talking to Nate about how we need to be nice to all of our friends all of the time. He sat there, taking it all in - pondering what I was telling him and the only thing he could say was:

"Mom - I'm just struggling a little right now."

I had to laugh.

6 comments:

Adam and Bri said...

oh, he cracks me up.

and it makes me excited for when margaret will start voicing thoughts of her own. :)

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

Nate is the funniest little guy. And your little Ryan is crawling!!??? Wow! Clive can be found on hands and knees, but I definitely think it's going to be a while before he's crawling. Your little guy will be walking well before his 1st birthday!

Alisha said...

So funny...thanks for the laugh!

Doreen Griffeth said...

Don't we ALL struggle a little every once in awhile!!! Sounds like something his dad would have said to charm himself out of trouble!
Thanks for sharing this hilarious boy!
Love,
MOM G

Laurel said...

That is HILARIOUS! I love the stuff little kids say. I read this post to Ry and he laughed out loud. Boy is he going to be in for a treat when our little guys starts talking!

Amander said...

When little kids say adult things, it's hilarious every time. What a cutie.