Sunday, September 19, 2010

a little [30th birthday] surprise for mimi

at the airport (1 of 1) 

i have awesome friends from my college days at BYU.  One of which is Mimi who happens to turn 30 this week.

Mimi’s sis-in-law, Amy planned this little get-together in her head over a year ago and it finally happened on saturday.

The details?

. I flew to Phoenix on Saturday morning and flew back Saturday night.

. Amy picked me up and we went straight to Mimi’s to surprise her.  I simply knocked on her door and the look on her face when she opened it was P R I C E L E S S.  Seriously – we pulled off the ultimate surprise.

. We spent a day as Mimi, Lindsay & Amy.  Not “_______’s mom”. 

. We chatted alot.  We got pedicures. We ate.  We shopped.  We chatted some more.  I usually only get 5 minute conversations with Mimi before one of us is pulled away by a child so having 8 straight hours was amazing.

. We were kid free and loving it.

. Mimi and I haven’t spent any quality time with just girls since college.  We’ve always been with hubbies or kiddos so we were in need of some girl time.

lindsay at door (1 of 1)

three of us close up (1 of 1)

pedicures (1 of 1) 

sprinkles store front 

hdZinburger

the 30th birthday girl.

   the bday girl getting pedicure (1 of 1)

at zinburger (1 of 1)  at mojo (1 of 1)

Happy Birthday week, Mimi!  I am glad I got to celebrate with you for a day!  Out of the mouth of Mimi – the day was “magical”.  And I concur.

 

a few thanks are in order:

1 – Amy.  For thinking of this fun day and planning it.

2 – Tony. Dan. Wes.  For being super dads on Saturday.

This is what my boys were up to while I was gone: Kyle’s soccer game.  Bass Pro Shop to look at fish and pretend ride cabin cars.  And the carousel/rides at the outlet mall.  All photos courtesy of the i-phone.

Mimi 30 Bday in Phoenix

7 comments:

mrs. timberlake said...

THANK YOU for being so supportive of the idea and dropping everything to come down! :)

As I have been saying the entire time... YOU WERE THE GIFT.... so THANK YOU!

and thank you, Wes!

Alisha said...

Weston's pictures crack me up! What a fun day! I'm sure the boys had a good time too!

The Skeehan Family said...

You really were the gift. A most perfect gift. I love you so very much my dear dear Lindsay Jane.

Thank you for the magic.

Doreen Griffeth said...

What a fun weekend! So glad you had the chance to recharge!
Cute boys!!!!!
Love,
MOM G

laurel said...

So fun!!!

Andrus Family said...

I forgot to ask where you went on Saturday - way more fun than where I went!! :) What a perfect way to turn 30!

Amander said...

Looks like so much fun!

And I didn't know Phoenix has a Sprinkles - I am jealous!