Monday, June 22, 2009

dinner with the fam - with a smelly twist . . .

My mom spends quite a bit of time in Utah. Whether it's to spend time with my 93 year old grandma or when she spent time with her dear friend Babs, she's in Salt Lake quite a bit.

My dad started a little tradition when she's gone. He takes all of us to Cafe Rio for dinner. Tonight was one of those nights. We always enjoy seeing everybody - it has turned in to a fun night out with papa. We almost always go next door for some custard after dinner.

Nate didn't eat much at Cafe Rio. Wes and I have learned lately that when he doesn't want to eat - there is usually a reason. So, we didn't force him to eat anything. When he didn't want icecream, we figured he wasn't feeling well. And then - he barfed all over me. In Nielsens. He even had strawberries coming out of his nose. Poor guy! I have to say it was really smelly but he seemed to feel great after he threw up. Our fingers are crossed that it was a one-time barf! I hate seeing little guys sick like that.

7 comments:

Alisha said...

Hope the puke was a fluke!

Ali said...

Not to worry...not as smelly as you think. My super-sniffer didn't pick up the funk. I think it was just because it was all over your clothes....

Alyssa Griffeth said...

Oh gross! Poor Nate (and poor YOU)! YUCK!

The Roe Family said...

I hate when that happens out in public. The only nice thing is then you don't have clean it up. Hope he feels better.

Unknown said...

Poor little guy. Good thing you didn't make him scarf down dinner. I'm sure all those customers at Neilson's had a story to tell when they got home!

The Skeehan Family said...

seriously, think of if it was cafe rio coming out... poor litle guy!!! Hope he is feeling better.

Anya said...

oh that is the WORST! MY kids seem to always feel better though after a big gross barf fest.
At least you got to finish your cafe rio before he threw up on you!