Sunday, June 28, 2009

the big 28.

I turned 28 yesterday. On one hand, I can't believe I'm that old. And on the other hand, I think . . "wow, I'm only 28."

Thank you for all of the fun packages, phone calls & messages yesterday. I appreciate it!

I had a great day. Wes pretty much gave me a break from all of my regular daily duties. No cleaning up. No dishes. I didn't feed Nate at all. Or put him down for a nap or bed. Or really do anything but play with him! It was a nice break from the regular stuff. Oh, and he got up with Nate while I proceeded to stay in bed for a while to read! A perfect birthday morning if you ask me.

The day consisted of a little shopping with my mom in the morning & lounging in the pool all afternoon with Wes & Sam. And then the entire family arrived at 4pm for swimming, Metro Pizza & an icecream cake. Our usual request! Sam's birthday was last week so we celebrated both of our birthday's last night with the fam. I've always loved having our birthdays so close. It's fun to celebrate with her and the entire family. I love that Abbie told me at least ten times - "happpyy biirthhhday auunnt liinnndssay." It was a big, drawn out, full of energy, happy birthday over-and-over and I loved it.

The kids enjoyed the play sink, the make-shift water slide & abbie and nate loved watering the flowers. Kyle was there to celebrate, too but I didn't get him on camera. {I didn't get many pictures due to my camera that is having some serious issues - so between Ali, Sam & I here's what we've got . . . }



I have to say that one of the highlights of the day was Wes figured out how to get Nate to swim by himself with the help of a swim vest and floaties! As soon as we put both on - he was good to go. He didn't have any balancing issues and literally swam around the pool over and over. He loved it! He kept saying, "Nate - self. Nate - self." Translation: I'm doing it all by myself. It will make swimming soooo much easier from now on!



Once it was bedtime, Wes took Nate home while Sam and I went to see My Sister's Keeper. I read the book and L O V E D it so I wanted to see the movie. I liked it. It was definitely a tear jerker at times but overall I thought it was pretty good. And it was nice to be at a movie! I
haven't been to a movie theater in months so it was a nice treat.

10 comments:

Alisha said...

Happy Bday! I'm glad you had a great day...you definitely deserve one! Oh to be 28 again...enjoy!

Becky Chatwin said...

Happy birthday! It was so fun seeing you the other day, if you are up for it we would love to have you over again sometime! Emma is still saying this and that about Nate, it is funny.

Anya said...

glad you had a good "me" day.
Whoo-Hoo to the floaties for Nate- that is the best part of your post!

Street Fam said...

Sounds like a fabulous birthday! Happy 28! Tell Sam happy b-day too. Could you send me her email address?

mrs. timberlake said...

good, you saw the movie.

we need to talk about the major difference between the book and movie.

and... i can pinpoint the exact scene where i LOST IT.

Julie T. said...

Glad you had such a great day! You deserve it:)

Doreen Griffeth said...

So glad you had such a great day! Just getting to change up the routine is SO welcome! Enjoy 28!!!
Love,
MOM G

The Skeehan Family said...

Soooooooooooooo glad you got such a wonderful day just for you. You DESERVE it. And I'm loving we are the same age, at least for a few months :)

Lillie said...

No I did not totally miss your birthday. You, queen of the thoughtfulness and the birthday cards, and the homemade.

I'm sorry,

And Happy Birthday!!!!!! When are you coming out here?!

The Baker said...

I just finished the book today....so good i cannot put it down, i can't wait for the movie