Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My most recent purchase of home decor: a painting from Shauna.




I met Shauna through her sister, Megan. They are both incredibly talented. I mean to the point where it makes you kind of sick to think about all of the talents they have. One of them is that they are artists.

Shauna recently started doing these paintings and I had to buy one from her. Yes, she painted my little man on to this canvas. This isn't a print of him on canvas. It's a painting. And I love it. She brought it over last night and I can't wait to find the perfect place for it.

If you're interested in Shauna's work, check her out here:



All you have to do is send her a photo and she'll work with you to get the contrast right and then she paints away. She's done some great stuff. My college roomies and I even had Shauna paint our dear friend Laurel and her now husband Ryan as their wedding gift.





Thanks Shauna!

15 comments:

Ali said...

I read about her somewhere...can't remember where but she's got some press. I'm sure she'll be quitting that 9 to 5 before too long...

Alisha said...

Awesome picture...Nate is so cute.

laurel said...

it turned out great!

Amander said...

First off, what amazing talent!

Second, love the new header/look! Super cute.

Alyssa Griffeth said...

WOW! I LOVE IT!!! I want one. :O)

The Jacksons said...

That is too wonderful! Nate is always so cute, but this picture is downright joyful!

Kelsey said...

Wow! Breathless. My clients might really love this. Would you email me an approx amount you paid? Do you mind me asking?

Unknown said...

I'm glad you posted a picture of Laurels. I wasn't able to see it at the wedding. So cool!

Bella Beginnings said...

This is seriously amazing. After baby number 3 is older, I might need to do one of these for Ryan. So amazing! Can you post the cost? Thanks

Patrick and Jennifer Thompson said...

What an awesome talent. I love the picture of Nate, I also love all the captions you have been adding onto your pictures what a fun idea.

Andrus Family said...

Your picture turned out really cute!

katierose said...

i love the painting, lindsay! i want to see where you hang it!!!

Shauna said...

oh my gosh i didnt even know you put this up. SO NICE! Thanks Linds! I am glad you like it!

The Boz said...

It was one of our most favorite gifts! We LOVE it! It's so unique. I'll definitely be using her again sometime in the future. Thanks Linds!

510Jen said...

LOVE the canvas of Nate priceless.