Friday, November 7, 2008

pbr x 2

We love the PBR. This was our 3rd annual year going to see the bull-riding. In fact, this year Wes got to go [twice].

PBR Clan #1: Wes, Sam, my mom & dad, Gerry & Marilyn Earl (family friends).

This night was scheduled for weeks. Babysitter was booked. And then Nate threw up the night before and wasn't totally back to normal on Saturday night. So I kept the babysitter so I could enjoy at least dinner and then came home while the rest of the clan went to the PBR.

We had dinner at Bahama Breeze. I forgot how much I enjoy that place. The tower of onion rings. The pasta. My side salad. YUM.

Wes tried to enjoy the pina colada.



The rest of the clan had a great time at the PBR.


PBR Clan #2: Lindsay, Wes, Kiley & Brandon
My dad felt bad that I didn't get to go to the PBR so he managed to get tickets for the following weekend, too! We invited our rodeo-loving friends Kiley & Brandon. It was nice to have a night out without Nate and Hadley.
The PBR really is the highlight of Wes' year. He is my cowboy-at-heart. He sports his cowboy boots and as of Saturday afternoon he is a proud owner of a belt buckle so he's already anxiously awaiting PBR 2009. Maybe we'll go to the NFR in December so he can wear it.

This guy is hilarious. Had to document him this year.
Nate just needs some cowboy boots and he's ready to go with his dad.

11 comments:

Julie T. said...

Oh, I love a good rodeo! They are so much fun:) We go to the NFR every year too. My cousin is a roper in the County Fair, so it is fun to go see him every year out in Logandale. Maybe one of these years we can tag along with you and Wes.

Alex said...

Looks like you guys had fun! I hope none of those cowboys got trampled by a bull. That makes me hurt for them.

I was just catching up on your blog and Nate is adorable. Seriously good pics and I love your letter to Mother Nature! I totally agree. Let's bust out the Uggs. lol!

mrs. timberlake said...

wes needs to come to az and hang out with the corbins


... but first YOU need to fly down here for the 22nd -----

:)

Doreen Griffeth said...

I do have stories of Wes in the early years as John Wayne, the cowboy!!! Fun!
Love,
MOM G

Alisha said...

That picture of Nate is awesome! Like father, like son.

leigh and spencer said...

Wes- I have to see this belt buckle! You know it's never too late to move to Ellijay where you can wear it everyday instead of once a year.

The Skeehan Family said...

oh my gosh, how fun!! The pictures just bring it to life more. And I am LOVING the picture of nate in the cowboy outfit.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, I always knew claire would marry a cowboy :)

Megan said...

I Luv PBR.....especially Bullnanza! How fun!

Little Nate looks so cute, he's getting so big. His smile is infectious!

katierose said...

ride 'em cowboy! that picture of nate is soooo awesome! frameable! boy do i love the rodeo.

Andrus Family said...

Your husband is a city-slicker wanna be. Has he even been within 10 feet of a horse?

Taralee said...

That last picture is SO cute!!!