Thursday, November 13, 2008

craziness & a daily ritual

Some weeks are laid back. Some are crazy. This week was CRAZY.



It was crazy in good ways . . . I got to get up to go to the gym at 5:45 am. Nate and I played at the park with friends. I ate lunch at Bajio. Wes got to play golf on Tuesday with his co-workers so he got home early at 3:30pm. We got invited to eat yummy chicken tacos at a friend's house. I went to Town Square in jeans, my Uggs & a jacket by myself on Tuesday night for a few hours just to get away. It was heavenly. Both the shopping and the crisp air. I escaped yet again on Thursday night {you'll soon see why I have a constant need to escape} to do some GAP friends/family shopping, go to book club, and then scrapbook night. And Friday night, Wes & I got to spend the evening together laughing with our little boy.


It was also crazy in not-so-good ways . . . my mom & Dana {she works in the office with my dad} were both out of town. Which meant my once a week babysitter was gone and my dad needed me there 3 of the days to cover for Dana. Luckily a good friend and babysitter were available to take Nate but I felt like I was running around without a brain. {but what's new, right?}. And, Wes was gone for 2 days but I'm getting used to that.
Nate is getting MOLARS. A few of you warned me about this time period but to be honest, I didn't totally believe you. But all of your warnings were an understatement. The kid whines and borderline screams all day long unless he's absolutely entertained. The screaming is why I've been escaping the nights Wes is actually in town. One molar is about to cut through so I'm hoping he'll start to feel better soon. My lunch at Bajio made it on the good crazy list. But it also made it on the bad crazy list because Nate threw the biggest fit I've ever experienced in a restaurant!
Luckily I had a lot of good crazy to make up for the bad crazy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I like to record things that become a habit with Nate. So here we go:
At some point, every day Nate and I end up doing this . . .
We go outside.


to get the mail . . .
and Nate plays by the mail box for at least 20 minutes. He uses the keys to try to open all of the boxes and plays in the rocks.
Then he likes to sit in his jogging stroller in the garage and "drive" it.
Either while I'm loading the car or working in the garage, Nate likes to "drive" my car. He plays in the car and LOVES it.
Aside from the molars, I love this stage!

11 comments:

Julie T. said...

I am so impressed that you have gone to the gym so early! You are so awesome! So sorry about the molars. Ridge has been teething also and I just keep telling myself "this too shall pass!"

Hillary said...

I think it is so important to get some time alone! I know I need it, with four crazy kids running around my home.

Hillary said...

OH and by the way, I love how you write on your photos! Do you use photoshop to do that???

Alisha said...

I didn't think he could get any cuter, but I'm pretty sure he is! He looks like so much fun, besides the molars...it's bad, but it does get better!

Doreen Griffeth said...

Sorry about the crazies! They are short-lived, but seem to last forever when they are happening!
Thanks for sharing cute pictures! Even when he is crying he is CUTE!
Love,
MOM G

Street Fam said...

MOLARS...AAHHHH! Just passed that phase. I know what you mean when your little guy whines all day. It passes though. Ben doesn't have them all yet, so I'm guessing another molar episode is on its way. :)

familyof4 said...

We just finished both Molars..gahh!

And I love the 2nd picture of Nate! He looks so Handsome and grow-up.

laurel said...

Hi! Nate is so cute in these pictures! When you were describing how he is while getting molars, I thought to myself "that's how Ashton is all the time!"

Bella Beginnings said...

What a great hubby to let you get out and have some time as well as the weather being so nice to wear non-summer clothes! Yeah

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

He is so handsome, and getting so big now!! I haven't been on the blogger for a long time now, but hopefully I can get back into things....tell Weston I said hello, and yes, I'm still alive! I hope you guys are doing well out there in Vegas....much love to your little family!

Lillie said...

I truly am sorry for the brainless days and all the bad crazy.... but I just can't feel that sorry for you when you can eat BAJIOS for lunch!

Justing kidding. Molars are a big bummer.