Tuesday, November 25, 2008

9 hours in San Diego



Wes parents live in Georgia so when they are on the west coast, we try to see them. They happened to be enjoying their Thanksgiving week at a timeshare in San Diego so we met them yesterday to go to the San Diego Zoo. Wes and I both had to work today so we flew down yesterday morning and flew back last night!



We all had a great time. It was fun to see Grandma & Grandpa G and the San Diego Zoo is awesome. It was my first trip to any zoo other than Hogle Zoo in SLC so I was very impressed. Nate especially had such a fun day. He only took two 20-minute snoozes but was happy the entire time. Such a trooper {when he's having fun!}. It's always fun to see so many animals...



Nate LOVED the children's petting zoo. He would have stayed in there all day with the goats.


Nate spent the majority of the day on Wes' shoulders. When we were looking at the reptiles, he stuck his tongue in and out like an iguana. Then we'd look at the monkeys and he'd make his "oohh oohh" monkey sounds. etc. It was fun that he knew a lot of the animals and the sounds they make.



Nate ended the day by clapping "yeah for the zoo!"



After the zoo we went to Old Town and ate delicious Mexican food. I think I had the best taco I've ever had. So yummy! Being in San Diego reminded me of how much I love that place.

11 comments:

Sammy said...

looks like fun... it was nice that you got to see the griffeths while they were in this neck of the woods

Amander said...

The San Diego zoo is so fabulous! Nice that you got to spend some time with the fam.

Ali said...

The San Diego Zoo rocks. I love all the walking and we especially dig the Gorilla habitat. Happy you had an opportunity to go.

mrs. timberlake said...

Show me another one year old who is flown to San Diego for the day to spend at the zoo....





.... nope, there aren't any others.


What fun! You amaze me with your travel skill. Completely.

Alyssa Griffeth said...

Looks like you guys had a FABULOUS day! Wish we could have joined ya!

Megan said...

How fun. I love the San Diego zoo! and...old town too! Hey, what restraunt did you eat at....it might have been owned by my hubbies family....if it was at or near the Bizarre del Mundo! Fun stuff!!

kendal said...

I can't believe you had never been to that zoo!! It's my favorite! Nate is so cute. If you two ever need a back up babysitter, make Sammy call me!

Alisha said...

Great pictures and I know Grandma and Grandpa G had a great time! I'm glad that you all were able to make the quick trip to see them!

Doreen Griffeth said...

What a fun time we had with you even if it was only for a few hours! What a GREAT boy!!! We loved it! Thanks for coming!
Love,
MOM G

Doreen Griffeth said...

What a fun time we had with you even if it was only for a few hours! What a GREAT boy!!! We loved it! Thanks for coming!
Love,
MOM G

Julie T. said...

That was a VERY fast trip! I love the San Diego zoo. Nate is such a cute little guy:)