Friday, November 21, 2008

a music man

Nate loves {music}.

He always has. But recently he has started asking for it.
If we're in the car, he points to the radio and signs more. But he doesn't want the songs on the radio. He wants {Christmas music}. It's a great excuse for me to start listening to it. Whenever a song ends and the next one hasn't started yet, he signs more over and over. One other thing that I love is that he waves his arm in the air, like he's leading the music, while he's listening to it. He learned this move on Sesame Street when Telly leads everyone in a Triangle song. He's lead music like Telly ever since. He even sometimes "waves" his legs, too.
If we're at home, he points to the DVD player which is how I play CD's downstairs. We listen to Christmas music throughout the day while we're playing. He asks for more and more all day long.
I'm glad he loves good tunes!
{this picture is totally unrelated}

See the vampire fangs in his hand? His Aunt Sam turned him in to a Twilight lover, too. That was after she taught him to spit in the pool. I guess that's what aunties are for, right? To teach your kids things you don't necessarily want them to know and to give them extra treats when mom isn't looking. I have a feeling he's gonna learn a lot of that stuff from his Aunt Sam over the years. Oh, and he can burp almost as loud as you, Sam. You'll have to keep working on that one.
----------------------------------
It was Abbie's 3rd birthday on Saturday & she had a costume party to celebrate. Nate got to be an elephant again!
Happy 3rd Birthday, Abs! I can't believe you're this big already. Love you!

9 comments:

Tina said...

It's great that he loves music its funny to find out some of the things they are interested in even at such a young age.

Alisha said...

I can totally see Nate jammin out to Christmas music...your pictures are awesome!

Alyssa Griffeth said...

That's so cute. Olivia LOVES music too and dances all day long. :)

Katrina said...

That is so cute that he loves music. It is so nice that he can sign and let you know thats what he wants.

The Roe Family said...

Are you sure he didn't get his leading from me? The only song Connor will let me listen to these days is Santa Claus is coming to town. But I love it.

Julie T. said...

You have to love Aunties that teach your kids the naughty stuff- in Riley's case it is an uncle! Nate's elephant costume is the best- love it!!
Oh by the way, I finally used my Town Square gift card and bought a really cute sweater from the Gap- so thanks!!

The Skeehan Family said...

OH my gosh, I adore the elephant. I'm so glad he got an excuse to wear it again since he missed out on Halloween!! And I love that he loves Christmas music. He and Claire will get along splendidly :)

Rissa and Jared said...

i love nate the elephant! he looks so great.

Doreen Griffeth said...

Thanks for sharing! Nate is SO smart! I loved seeing him in action!
Love,
MOM G