Friday, May 23, 2008

we've missed you, Maui

About five years ago, Wes & I went to Maui, Hawaii on our honeymoon. We found out last week we are going back in June.
I love Hawaii. I've been a number of times with my family, once with my dear friend Laurel & I can't wait to go back. We kinda lucked out this time. Wes' boss invited us to go on their annual Hawaii trip this year. There's one day where Wes golfs with his co-workers and goes to a meeting & the rest of the time we are on our own. Since I L O V E to sit at the beach & the pool all day long....I'm kinda excited for my day alone. Just me, the pool, a banana coconut smoothie & a book. Heavenly.

We're staying here. Looks PERFECT. I've stayed next door to this hotel at the Grand Wailea and I love this part of the island.

And the best part? My mom & dad are taking Nate.

But our first summer adventure I'm looking forward to is Newport Beach with the Marz clan. I'm trying to make up for 2007's vacationless summer due to third trimester of pregnancy!

11 comments:

mrs. timberlake said...

LOVE the place you are staying. We preferred that side of the island too.

j e a l o u s

of both trips.

Julie T. said...

You are such a lucky girl!!! I am so excited to have this baby so I can get out of Las Vegas- Hawaii would be lovely, but I don't think I will be going there this summer with a newborn! Make sure you tell us all about it, so I can live vicariously through you:)

The Skeehan Family said...

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM yes please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That hotel looks fantastic. So envious. Oh, and I'm wearing a green shirt, that's doubling up on the whole green with envy - not good :)

Teisha said...

That is so exciting! I love Hawaii and it feels like ages ago I went on a vacation. I missed out on Greek cruise with my fam because I was pregnant, and now I am missing out on a Hawaii cruise for 2 weeks because of all the kids I have. So live it up girl! When you go to Newport you have to try Sprinkles cupcakes (it is near the temple) they are the best! (Red Velvet cupcakes). Have fun!

Doreen Griffeth said...

Wow! A real vacation! Sounds fun! Enjoy!
Love,
MOM G
PS You will REALLY miss Nate!

Alisha said...

Congratulations! Sounds like you all will be doing A LOT of vacationing this summer! Nothing better..

Andrus Family said...

Alright, next time you guys go you're taking me!

Britt and Rick said...

hEAVENLY SOUNDS PRETTY GOOD!! yOU TWO HAVE TO ENJOY, AND WHAT FUN WITH NO BABY!!

Amander said...

I am so very jealous! Looks like a really fun summer for you!

The Baker said...

Can we say spoiled much! Oh my heck, please think of me while you are reading by the pool and it will be all the more heavenly!

Tina said...

Have a great time on both vacations Sun and the beach at both how can you go wrong.