Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day

It was kinda fun celebrating my first mothers day as a mom. Wes was super-nice by letting me sleep in & handling Nate in the middle of the night! He & Nate also surprised me with an adorable hand-made card and a great gift.

I have to say that the past nine months have truly made me appreciate my own mom even more than I did before I had Nate. Mom’s seriously are amazing & I’m beginning to understand that women truly are blessed with talents that help us raise our children.

Wes’ aunt was in town from Louisiana during the last session of conference in April so I missed Elder Ballard’s talk on moms but I had the chance to read it over the weekend. I loved it. I loved that he geared his message towards the young moms that are trying to juggle life with little ones. It gave me some encouragement & reminded me of how important my job of being a mom is. Some good reminders were:

“Treasure the doing more, and the getting it done a little less”. I struggle with this sometimes when I feel like there is so much to do around the house or with work. Most of the time it can all wait a little bit!


“How important it is to focus on the things that can only be done in a particular season of life”. I’ll never get any stage back with Nate so I’m going to be better about appreciating every stage….even if it’s not the easiest one!

"Recognize that the joy of motherhood comes in moments. There will be hard times and frustrating times. But amid the challenges, there are shining moments of joy and satisfaction." Why is it that it’s nice to hear someone else say that they understand that it’s going to be hard and frustrating sometimes? It's a good thing that the laughs and smiles make it all worth it.


I’ve loved the last 9 months as I’ve tried to figure out this “mom thing”. I have to say it is such an amazing blessing that I’m so grateful for. I can’t believe how much I’ve learned from my little man and how much I love that kid. Being a mom is the best & I wouldn’t trade this for anything. I appreciate all moms out there who are trying their best. The world is a better place because of you!


On a side note, Nate was a little under the weather this weekend. He had a temp of almost 102 on Saturday ~ we could tell he wasn't feeling very well. Today was a little rough for him, too but we're hoping he will start to feel better soon.

He had quite the sad lip going on tonight but I missed it with the camera. Instead, I got this look of "why are you taking a picture of me when I feel like this?"



Luckily, Wes turned in to his goofy self and got Nate to laugh after dinner.

9 comments:

Doreen Griffeth said...

You are an amazing mom! I love seeing the Lindsay/Weston show with Nate! Thanks for keeping the blog up! I live for the pictures!
Hope Nate feels better.
Love,
MOM G

Alisha said...

Nate is a lucky little guy to have a great Mom like you! Hope you all have a great week!

mrs. timberlake said...

I love this post. I can't get enough of that talk, can't read it enough, can't hear enough references to it.

I agree with MOM G. You are an amazing mom, which also speaks to how great your mom is, for you to learn from the best.

Happy Belated Mother's Day.

Julie T. said...

Happy first Mother's Day! I also loved Elder Ballard's talk- by far my favorite from conference:) I love little Nate's "don't take a picture of me look!" Too cute!

familyof4 said...

Happy Mother Days!

I really enjoyed that talk too! I'm glad others feel the same way as me at times.

I'm going to be doing a piggie paws party sometime soon for Father's day with a bunch of girls from the ward. If you are available I'd love for you to come! =)

I hope Nate feels better soon.

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

Happy Mother's Day to you Lindsay!

Bella Beginnings said...

This talk had to have been one of my most favorite talks of conference. I loved how they said it won't be perfect all the time, so do expect it to be! That is brilliant. I love this photo of you and nate!

Andrus Family said...

Cute picture of you and Nate! Sounds like you had a good day, besides Naters being sick.

Britt and Rick said...

You guys are so cute! I love all of the wise quotes!