Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My life changed last week. Nate is mobile.

Nate has been slithering around for a few weeks now but last week he learned how to really crawl. He's got it down. I wouldn't say he's fast, but he definitely moves around which makes my daily life a L I T T L E different. He's not in to cupboards or anything like that yet but this afternoon he was L O V I N G the stairs. What he loves more than crawling is pulling himself up to
E V E R Y T H I N G. He's a pretty strong little dude so he stands quite a bit. I swear he thinks Wes and I are a human jungle gym. I think he's going to be a climber.

Today I discovered that he likes life in this red bucket. Well, he did OK for about 10 minutes which was all I needed. I needed him to sit still and it was the closest thing I could find. It worked until he wanted to stand in it.

While this stage presents many new challenges ~ I like it. He seems happier to be able to move around and explore and so for that, I am grateful.

On a side note, Nate got to swim with his buddy Hadley today. It was his first time in the pool and he L O V E D it. Thank goodness. It's the only way we're surviving this summer! I'll remember the camera on his next swimming adventure.

15 comments:

Alyssa Griffeth said...

Wow...I cannot even imagine how different your life is with a crawling boy! I am sort of dreading Olivia's mobility, but just like you said, I think she will be happier when she can move around. GOOD LUCK! :-) Nate is way stronger than Liv, so I think we still have a little while to go with crawling and climbing.

mrs. timberlake said...

Welcome.

Welcome to the world of mobility.

The Baker said...

man he is a cutie, i keep forgetting to check your blog, since you are private it doesn't come up on my reader. I LOVE it when my kids start to crawl. Once they figure out the stairs you will have less worry.

Anya said...

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.... enjoy.

Ali said...

I guess you better learn how to operate safety gates...

Julie T. said...

I really like the big red bucket idea! Maybe I will try it in the future:)

Alisha said...

We knew this day would come...have fun!

familyof4 said...

Good luck!
I second the sefety gates. Once Nate is crawling fast you'll need them!

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

Awwww, cute little Nate. I agree, kids seem happier once they're mobile.

Andrus Family said...

I want to see pics of him in the pool - is it super hot there already??

Megan said...

Oh boy Lindsay!! Life as you know it has changed!heehee These little boys sure know how to keep you on your toes....you'll never need to work out!

Bella Beginnings said...

This is such a fun stage... and a little frightening for you. But overall I prefer them to be mobile, they can get toys and seem to be much happier to exlpore their world. Good luck.

Alyssa Griffeth said...

I just looked at these cute pictures of Nate again and I CAN'T BELIEVE how big he is getting! He seriously looks like a toddler already! I wake up every day and think that Olivia has just grown and matured during the night or something! It's crazy. Anyway, he is too cute...And those BIG blue eyes are to DIE FOR! :-)

Tina said...

Sounds like you are moving right along from stage to stage each with it's fun and challenges. He is such a cute little guy wish we could see everyone more often.

Lillie said...

Crawling?!! Congrats... and I'm so sorry. All of it. It's so fun.