Thursday, September 5, 2013

pregnancy with my little girl.

I figured it was time to write about my pregnancy with my little lady before it’s over!

For the first two trimesters, everything seemed pretty much the same as my pregnancies with the boys, other than my crazy left leg that went nuts with varicose veins {thanks mom}.  I felt pretty good for most of it avoiding extreme sickness, etc.  I did throw up a little bit more in the morning but it was still pretty rare.  The main difference has been the pressure that I’ve felt ever since I started showing.  Sometimes I feel like she’s just going to fall out!  But apparently it’s normal. 

It’s amazing to feel life inside your belly.  It’s also a little creepy to me, too.  But I love knowing she’s in there – she never lets me forget!  She is constantly moving.  We say that she’s doing karate because my stomach is always moving or jolting from her kicks, flips, etc.  I hope she’s getting all of her craziness out in my belly before she comes up.  I swear she never sleeps already.

People tend to nest when their pregnant but I think I take nesting to an entirely new level.  I always feel like there’s something more to do but when I take a look back at all of the projects and re-organizing I’ve done in the last few months, it is a little nuts.  But it’s sure nice to have done!  The nursery is in the finishing touches stage which is a relief.

I’m excited and slightly terrified to have a girl.  I know it will be great and fun but I’m definitely used to a boy world that I’ve grown to love.  It will be fun to watch Nate & Ryan help take care of their little sis and be her biggest protectors.  She definitely will learn early how to fend for herself in this house.  It will be fun to have another girl in the house and to change it up a bit.

It’s no secret that I’m not a huge fan of the baby stage.  But I am pretty excited to get this little girl here and see what she looks like, what her personality will be, etc.  I think knowing that this is our last one is helping me be excited to just enjoy every stage even more . . . even the hard parts . . . because it goes by so quickly. 

I’m excited to do it all again.  Let the waiting game begin!

{at my doc appt this morning I was dilated to a 2 . . . }

3 comments:

mrs. timberlake said...

hold on! you're further dialated than nicole who was due today. what is your due date?!?!?!!?!?!?

Melissa Snyder said...

So excited for you guys! I am not a huge fan of the newborn stage either but it will pass too quickly. Enjoy her! Hope all goes well. Girls are fun! More work for us then boys but you have to have at least one. Good luck!

The Skeehan Family said...

WAHOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Yay for little girls :)

it's great to have things switched up a bit, although a little petrifying too, I agree.